Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
TLM
Spy
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Home stuck at Backup in Progress

Mozy Home seems to be stuck at Back up in Progress. Number of files is not reducing and it is stuck for an hour or so now. I have restarted Mozy, restarted PC, disabled virus checker and nothing helping. I have 10MB upload and 70MB download speeds. I have 1300 files to back up about 2 Gig shouldnt take long. There are also no other PCs on my network. 

Any help please? Thanks.

ScottS1
(105)

Re: Mozy Home stuck at Backup in Progress

@TLM

I see you have two Windows machines registered with Mozy. Can you tell me which version of Mozy you are currently using? It sounds if you've stopped and the service and started it again and are still having trouble:

- Do you receive any errors when clicking Settings and History?

- Do you have any Backup Sets that are selected that show 0/0?

- Have you rebooted the machine in question?

- What Operating System are you using (e.g. Windows 7, 8.1, 10)

- What version of Mozy are you running? (Right-click the Mozy icon in the Taskbar, then click on About)

Please provide these details so we can assist you further.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @TLM,

Just checking in, did you have a moment to answer @ScottS1's questions above? We'd love to help you resolve this, but we haven't heard from you in a few days.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(455)
Solution

@TLM

I believe your antivirus may have caused some of our control files / .dat files found in the Mozy installation folder in program files to become corrupt before you disabled it for testing.  This means that usually changes.dat, resume.dat, cache.dat, and or scancache.dat are corrupt and need to be deleted or renamed so Mozy can rebuilt them, but first your antivirus needs program exclusions for all four of our .exe files found under C:\program files\Mozy(pro/home)\ that have the Mozy icon.

Once you add exclusions to your antivirus restart your computer then follow the instructions from this knowledge base article for renaming changes.dat, resume.dat, cache.dat, and scancache.dat, but DO NOT rename state.dat like the instructions state. but only rename changes.dat, resume.dat, cache.dat, and scancache.dat and start another backup.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@TLM

Just checking in. Were you able to resolve this concern with the suggestions provided?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @TLM,

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're hoping that means this thread is resolved and we're going to mark it as such. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps