Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

Contest Announcement! Enter for a Chance to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

shutterstock_666769705.jpg

Hello friends and Mozy family!

We would like to announce our latest contest-and it's based entirely off of your personal stories... We want to hear them!

The Prizes

5 Lucky winners will win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

How to Enter:

Here's what you have to do to enter...

Be Registered for the Mozy Community

All entrants MUST be registered for the Mozy Community and logged in to their Community accounts when commenting, or we cannot properly contact you if you win.

Not registered? See: How to Register for the Mozy Community

Main Entry - How did Mozy help you?

Leave a comment on this blog post telling us your personal story of a time when Mozy was really there for you. We want to hear about that time you thought all was lost, but luckily you had Mozy backup to restore your files. So, leave your personal story in the comments below for a chance to win.

Bonus Entry

For a bonus entry, follow @mozysupport on Twitter and leave a second/separate comment letting us know you followed and what your Twitter username is (so we can verify).

Details

Giveaway ends August 31st at 11:59PM, winners will be chosen Friday, September 1st and contacted via private message and/or email on their registered Mozy Community Profile. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited by law.

Good luck!

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@angelag - Thanks for posting this Angie!

We can't wait to hear your feedback!

StacyB

Visitor

I was able to restore from a complete hard drive failure not only 3 months ago and it was a life saver! Thanks to you all. 

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@StacyB - That is awesome to hear!

Make sure and register in the community to get that entry counted. Thanks!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@StacyB - Did you have a chance to register?

FancyNancy

Visitor

I had a school project I didn't realize I had saved over. Luckily I went back to a previous restore date and the file was still there. Thanks Mozy!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@FancyNancy -That is awesome to hear! Restoring from a previous time or date has certainly saved me me in a pinch as well.

Make sure and register in the community to get that entry counted. Thanks!

JaredG

(581)

I know I can't win the contest as an employee, but a couple of years ago my external hard drive began to fail and Mozy immediately starting reporting FilesystemError4s' which is a read / write failure.  I then ran a check disk utility on my external drive and found that my external drive was physically failing and Mozy was warning me ahead of time so I only had to restore a few files since I was able to replace my external drive before it completely failed!

In the end Mozy saved me hours and hours of time and headaches, and I was able to quickly restore all of the data that had become corrupt and get backups running on my new external hard drive in no time at all!

Mozy Rocks!

FancyNancy

Visitor

OK I will be sure to do that thank you

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@FancyNancy @StacyB

Make sure and register in the community to get that entry counted. If you register with the same email address you posted on originally, your entry will update automatically. 

Thanks!

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(692)

Interesting contest. I'll give it my best shot.  Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for this contest, I haven't had any kind of hard disc drive or computer melt-down .... so no true emergency recovery story.

However, not too long ago, Mozy did help me impress a lot of folks (and made me look pretty smart, in the process). During a community service organization budget meeting, the primary presenter had some great slides but had neglected to include details concerning a critical fundraising project.  The project had a direct impact on the overall budget.

I knew I had the report backed up on Mozy ... Out came my tablet, opened the Mozy app, navigated to the correct folder, and downloaded the file, including important charts.  The key chart was e-mailed to the person handling the screen projection and BOOM ... it was on the screen and being discussed.

After the meeting, a number of folks wanted to know about my backup program and the app.  Nothing like Mozy making me look like I know what I'm doing.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

marya149
Villager

(0)

I have used Mozy to save my digital scrapbook filtes in either zip or in folders, that I can make into Kits in Serif Craft Artist Professional 2... This has saved my 'bacon', so to speak; in the event of my computer failure; which not happened with windows 10, I am happy to say, this... But when my file storage is online it saves me having to protect.. & Backup... Thanks Mozy... Mary Anne

marya149
Villager

(0)

I Followed mozy support on twitter....  username: @LifeturnLM Email Login: lm.lifeturn@gmail.com

Mary Anne

I had two hard drive failures several weeks apart on a new desktop still under warranty, so the hard drive was replaced twice.  Luckily I had Mozy and was able to restore everything both times.  Very discouraging to have a hard drive die twice in a short space of time, but what a relief to know that Mozy had my back.   Or should I say backup?

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(692)

Following along on Twitter ... @Wayward_James

Bring it on ... Smiley Wink

specklife
Villager

(0)

I homeschool my 15-year-old son, and keep an enormous amount of curriculum-related information and resources stored on my laptop. While I had been using Mozy for years, I had never had to use it in an emergency-related situation - until June, 2016. My son tripped and fell, knocking my laptop off of its stand and down onto the floor. It was totaled, and all was lost. I was devastated at the loss of all of our resources, UNTIL... I remembered Mozy!!

When I obtained my new laptop 1 week later, I downloaded Mozy again and was able to restore all of my previous data, good as new. Nothing was lost and all was well. I cannot begin to express the relief and gratitude I felt when I realized that Mozy had saved the day - and our homeschool year!!

Thank you again, Mozy!!

specklife
Villager

(0)

I followed @mozysupport on Twitter. My Twitter username is @pathologicallit.

I realize this is supposed to be a comment about how Mozy has helped, but I'm going at it from a different angle.  It was mid August & my computer crashed to the point that they couldn't recover ANYTHING! They even sent my computer to Denver to the lab that recovers for the Fed Govt & there was NOTHING!  I was the office manager & did all of our accounting, taxes (for 5 different states), contracts etc. for our office, but I wasn't worried because we had a tape back up on a separate server in our office that was supposed to be being maintained in I.T. However, the tape back up had evidently had an issue at some point & hadn't backed up since November of the previous year.  I had to start from scratch & re-build our whole accounting system!  Every entry needed additional set up.  Every invoice entered needed customer set up, items set up, tax information etc. It took me months! So much for the security of tape back up.  NO MOZY = NO GOOD! 

I just followed Mozy on Twitter.  User name is CaseyM99

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

@Wayward,

That's a great story! So glad you could use your knowledge of Mozy to impress the board, we know you impress us around here all the time!

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

@marya149,

I'm so glad to hear that! Thanks for using Mozy, and good luck with the contest!

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

@wilkwise,

Yay! So sorry to hear about your drive failures, but so glad you had Mozy handy. Good luck in the contest!

Visitor

So here goes... My friend's Quicken data file became corrupted for whatever reason and refused to open.  So we opened up Mozy used the file history and shazam!  Hocus pocus functionality was restored Smiley Happy  Go Mozy!  Now I feel so confident Mozy has my back whatever the reason ransomware, user error, grumpy computer gods etc.  I now recommend Mozy to everybody I know but still some people are skeptical of the security of the cloud and cannot be influenced oh well.

Crag_Hack
Sensei Level 1

(49)

Oops that post above was me... also twitter UN is josh_orenberg

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

@specklife,

So glad to hear you were able to get your data back, kids can definitely be hard on electronics. Good luck in the contest!

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

@CaseyM99,

So sorry to hear about your data loss and the faulty tape backup. Whenever I hear customers say they're just going to use an external hard drive to backup without the added protection of a cloud backup, I cringe. I've seen too many times (some first hand) where an external drive fails, is lost/stolen/damaged, etc. and they're out of luck. I definitely support doing both!

Good luck in the contest!

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

@Crag_Hack,

So glad to hear it! Good luck!

JoshBart...

Villager

(0)

There was a time where an end users hard drive was getting ready to fail, I was able to swap hard drives and restore very quickly with little downtime. Mozy makes me feel like the hero sometimes haha. She was very thankful for the quick service. So thank you for a great product for our company! 

JaredG

(581)

I like reading all the stories!  Thanks to all who are participating in this event.

Thank you!