Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
The Mozy Blog: Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors
A new update has been released for the Windows client that resolves some issues users were experiencing with Windows 10. Check out the latest blog for details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
SallyNeil
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

will Software be restored along with files???

I have to replace my laptop.  will mozy restore my microsoft office professional software along with my files?

or will i have to buy the software again and install myself on the new laptop?  

remymozy
(86)
Solution

Re: will Software be restored along with files???

Mozy can backup program files if you select them for backup, however Mozy cannot restore those files in a way that they would be functional as there are many Windows system dependencies that Mozy does not have access to. You would need to reinstall the program. If you have already activated a Microsoft Office license with Microsoft then you can simply login to your account and download it again. If you never activated it with Microsoft then there are additional ways to recover it according to Microsoft. If you experience any issues with these methods you would want to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. 

JaredG
(418)

@SallyNeil

Like @remymozy has mentioned, you will not be able to restore Microsoft Office as a program but only the data you created with Microsoft Office, only if these file were selected for backup initially on the previous computer.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(418)

@remymozy

Have all your questions been answered?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
PTNubs
(270)

@SallyNeil I don't see a restore setup under your account yet.

Are you having trouble with your restore?

Peter M
Community Moderator
JaredG
(418)

@SallyNeil

The community hasn't heard back from you since your original post in this thread about a week ago.  Do you have any other questions before we mark this thread as solved?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(418)

@SallyNeil

Since we haven't heard back from you in more than a week so I've marked this thread as solved, however if you have any questions please come back into the community any time.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support