Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted!
Krayon
Cook
(1)
Solved (Go to Solution)

restore challenges

Do I have to stay logged in on Mozy during a restore to a new computer? My Mozy session keeps timing out, and I don't know if that is prolonging the restore process, which appears slated to take 3 days!

0 Reps
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(393)

Re: restore challenges

Hi. It looks like your question didn't get answered by one of our community members. Let me get a Mozy Support agent to hop in and assist you. I don't think you need to stay logged in. Depending on file size and connection speed it could legitimately take that long to download. But let me get an agent that can tell you for sure.

Zach M.
Community Manager
0 Reps
Krayon
Cook
(1)

I already went ahead and did that. You don't have to stay logged in bits still interminably slow. Thanks
AngelinaS
(222)
Solution

@Krayon    While you don't need to be logged into the Mozy website, you do need to be logged into the computer, and the computer's sleep settings need to be disabled.  Perhaps that is delaying the completion of the restore.

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

AngelinaS
(222)

@Krayon    Were you able to successfully complete the restore?   If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(222)

@Krayon    Were you able to successfully complete the restore?   If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
Tyler_W
(72)

@Krayon

It appears that you finished the restore on 02/05/2016.  We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
0 Reps