Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: How the Backup Process Works
Have you ever wondered what exactly is happening when you start a Mozy backup? This article explains the process in detail.

Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Will files be restored in original folders when I restore to a new computer?

Will files be restored in original folders when I restore to a new computer?

What do I need to do?

I have looked at the User Guide, and I'm confused.

Thanks.

Jeanne

Benjamin_C
(120)

Re: Will files be restored in original folders when I restore to a new computer?

Basically when you do a restore, you will have the choice of putting the files back into a folder of your choice, or into the original location. If you select original location, the file structure should be the same as it was before, (aka same folder). Here is an article on web restores:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Requesting-Web-Restore-for-All-Files

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
AngelinaS
(222)
Solution

Re: Will files be restored in original folders when I restore to a new computer?

@Jeanne   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie