Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
mattwill...

Warrior
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore problems - Part Files created

I lost my whole hard drive due to my laptop crashing. This required restoring my whole hard drive to a new laptop. However I have noticed that a large number of files (633 to be exact) have been downloaded as Part Files rather than the original file type.

Is there any way to download these files fully without having to select them all individually?

Many thanks,

Matt

ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

Re: Restore problems - Part Files created

@mattwillson - I apologize for the delay in response. Let me have a technician answer this question for you right away. Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@mattwillson

Thank you for posting in the community.

Were you able to find the files you were looking for that were not ".part" files?  

I ask this because Mozy will backup up files exactly the way they are and look and you may need to choose an earlier date to restore the files from before they became ".part" files.

Here is a link with instructions on how to restore from an earlier date using our website.

When the Mozy Web Access page is open where you can see your backed up files there is a search bar where you can search for file types or specific names of files to restore these groups of files at one time.  

Use the link I posted to get to the Mozy Web Access page so you can search names and file types to restore.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@mattwillson

Were the steps suggested above able to assist you in locating the files in their original format after downloading and unpacking? Let us know if you've had any success. The Web Restore process can help you in this regard.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@mattwillson

We haven't heard back from you since your initial post.  Please let us know if you have an other questions or comments, or if you were able to solve your restore problem.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
mattwill...

Warrior
(3)

Thanks folks for your help. It's been a busy few days but I'll try to look at this on the weekend.

Is there any way to avoid having to select 633 files individually (which could take some time)?

Matt

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

@mattwillson,

If you are only selecting specific files, you will need to go through and manually select the files/folders you need. If you're trying to restore everything, you can just select the main folder and restore it all.

Please let us know how it goes when you attempt the steps provided, and if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@mattwillson

We have not heard from you recently, but would advise to please try Angela's recommendation. Let us know if you've had success. We will be closing this thread shortly as Resolved.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @mattwillson,

Were you able to try any of the recommended solutions yet? How did it go?

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, or if this is resolved please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" next to the most useful comment on this thread.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
mattwill...

Warrior
(3)

Thanks a lot for following up and sorry for the slow response. I have two kids and a busy day job so finding time to select 633 individual files for downloading is not easy, will try asap!

Matt

0 Reps