Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
eab51
Cook
(0)

Restore is stuck on new computer

I have tried for 3 weeks to restore my files onto a new computer.  Each time I get a few files and then Mozy stops working.  I have closed the program and opened it, I have paused the restore and started it again.  Nothing seems to be working as I was promised.  The files I am trying to restore were made on a PC and I am now using a Mac. Would this have anything to do with why it is not working?

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(195)

Re: Restore is stuck on new computer

Being on a Mac shouldn't change anything, as long as when you setup the restore you selected to change the location of the files to a non-protected drive (like the desktop). If you are not sure if you have done that try re-setting up the restore, and making sure to select the desktop as the location to put the files. If that doesn't work you could try an archive restore instead:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Requesting-Web-Restore-for-All-Files
Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@eab51

Just checking in. Did you have any questions regarding Ben's suggestions? Let us know when possible.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@eab51

Were you able to follow the instructions from Benjamin's post?

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Requesting-Web-Restore-for-All-Files

Please post any questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@eab51

We have not heard from you recently. Have you had any luck with the advice given? We will be marking this thread as a solution shortly. If you have questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
eab51
Cook
(0)

I am still trying but the program continues to go from 12 hours down to 9 hours then up to unknown time.  Isn't there someone I can talk to that will walk me through this ordeal?

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@eab51

Some times amount of time reported can be sporadic if the internet connection is sporadic.  Did your restore complete since your last post around this time?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@eab51

Let us know if the restore worked for you.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@eab51

We haven't heard from you in a few days, were you able to complete the restore?

Click on this link for instructions on how to chat with support.

If you need further assistance please post any questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps