Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Kgw
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore files from computer after account became inaccessible after non payment.

I had Mozy account for a few months in 2016 for my one computer. I have paid for that account for several months. Can I begin payment again and restore those old saved files from computer 1 to a new computer?
0 Reps
remymozy
(47)

Re: Restore files from computer after account became inaccessible after non payment.

@Kgw

I've looked at your account and it appears there is 6.83GBs of data available to restore. Normally, when an account is cancelled, there is a very small window of time to recover the files. Past that window, we keep no redundancies of the data. If you are wanting to recover this 6.83GBs of data, you would want to do so as soon as possible. We can't make any guarantees as to how long it will be available. 

angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

Re: Restore files from computer after account became inaccessible after non payment.

Hi @Kgw,

To follow up on the comment left by @remymozy, and make sure you have more details, we did find your account with the email address associated with your Community profile here. I show the account is currently suspended due to non-payment, which does put your files at risk of deletion. In order to keep it from being deleted, I've gone ahead and pulled it out of suspension and put it into a Grace Period. This means you'll be able to renew the account, and regain access to your files, but you wont be able to restore until you renew the account.

The Grace Period is set to last for 7 days, expiring on 05/08/17. So make sure you log in and update your credit card to renew the account as soon as possible or it will be suspended again.

To change your credit card, see: http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-change-the-credit-card-on-my-MozyHome-account

Once the account is active and in good standing again, you'll be able to restore your files.

For help restoring your files, see: Requesting Web Restore for All Files

Then, if you'd like to get the backup software set up on the new machine so you can start backing up and continue keeping your data safe, secure, and restorable, please see: How do I replace a computer on my account? - MozyHome Windows

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(454)

@Kgw

It appears that your account is still in the grace period.

As Angela mentioned you will need to update your credit card to bring your account out of the grace period to restore your data.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@Kgw

We haven't heard back from your since your initial post.  Were you able to update your credit card?

Please post any questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved. 

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@Kgw  I see you have renewed the account.  Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@Kgw

We will now mark this thread as resolved. Please let us know if you have additional questions and open a new thread if necessary.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@Kgw - Please let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer for you. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps