We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Restores/Restore-all-files-not-working-Taking-days/td-p/93472

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Hester55
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore all files not working. Taking days!.

I have had to get my Mac book pro (  new on 2011) updated, cleared and new operating system put on it. Following endless help from Apple and taking heed the information on Mozy site for help, i am still finding in impossible to complete a full restore of my files back onto my Mac from Mozy. Currently after several days approx 22.000 files have been restores out of approx 109.000 to be done in total. 

Can any one at Mozy please help me address what ever the problem is .

mANY THANKS

hester

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)
Solution

Re: Restore all files not working. Taking days!.

Restores can take a very long time, especially large ones like the one you are doing. If it is progressing I would advise Not stopping it or pausing it. Just let it run. Also as it uses your internet I would advise you to limit things on your internet if you can, things like Netflix and YouTube, as those eat up download speeds. 

There are other options though. On is a 'media restore' where you have us ship you the data on a drive. This costs money, and when you include shipping time may not save you any time:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-order-a-Media-Restore

Alternatively some people do the restore in pieces, a small section of files/folders at a time. I would not advise that unless it freezes.

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
JaredG
(825)

@Hester55

How's that restore coming along? 

Restores can gain momentum after running for a while especially at night when internet speeds increase because of the general lower internet usage at night by any particular IP.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@Hester55

Just checking in. Have you had any success? We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. Kindly let us know if you need anything else, or if your issue has been resolved!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@Hester55

We haven't heard from you since you initial post one week ago.

Were you able to complete the restore?

Please post any questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as resolved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps