We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Restores/Restore-Manager-Hangs-at-End-of-Download/td-p/93653

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
flyingdude
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore Manager Hangs at End of Download

I had a hard drive failure on my Dell XPS desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium edition and after having Dell replace the HD, I'm trying to restores 46+ GB of data.  I chose to use Restore Manager and chose to replace data in same location.  It took about five hours and the app indicates I've retrieved 17,803 files out of 17,803 files, but shows 46.306 GB recovered out of 46.317 GB and seems to be stuck at that point.  It doesn't show any amount of time left for the download, but seems to be stuck.  The only buttons I have available are "Details" and "Remove".

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

JR

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

Re: Restore Manager Hangs at End of Download

@flyingdude

Try clicking "Pause". You can actually restart your machine, or simply disconnect from the network. Then re-connect to your network and resume the restore. Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@flyingdude

I agree with Scott.  By pausing and then resuming the backup it should correct any data that may be misreporting.

Were you able to follow the instructions that Scott provided?

Please post any other questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
flyingdude
Student
(0)

Thanks for the replies.  There was no "Pause" button available to click on.  There was a "Remove" button, but that wasn't helpful.  

JR

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)

If remove is the only button that usually means the restore is finished. there should be a list of files you can click on right there  in the restore manager to see what was restored. Perhaps look at that list and look for any errors that may be listed?

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
flyingdude
Student
(0)
Solution

I found my data in a folder named "User" so apparently the restore was successful, other than it did not put the files back in their previous locations.

Thanks for all your input and suggestions!

JR

0 Reps