Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
raz
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Quick Note Problem

I had to run zoek to get rid of a virus.

In doing so, I lost Quick Note and all data in it.

Restoring my computer with mozy, using the backup from a day before the infection, did not help. 

I use Windows and Chrome.

Any ideas/suggestions. The information there was extremely valuable, please help.

Raz 

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(386)

Re: Quick Note Problem

Looks like you are still waiting for some help from the community. Let me get a Mozy support agent to reach out with an assist.

Zach M.
Community Manager
raz
Student
(0)

Thanks a million,

I am really stressed, about 3 month's of collected data on five projects is lost!

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(386)

I'm still working on getting an agent to assist you in confirming if these files were backed up. A quick look at QuickNote website shows that all of your notes are hosted in the cloud. Have you logged in to their website to check for that?

Zach M.
Community Manager
AngelinaS
(194)
Solution

@raz   I checked your account and don't see a file or folder called Quick Notes, but I do see OneNote as part of a folder name.  Is this what you are looking for?  Mozy can only backup files/folders that are selected for backup as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Selecting-Files-to-Backup-Using-the-FileSystem-Tab for Windows, or http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Selecting-files-to-backup-on-a-Mac for a Mac.  

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(384)

@raz

Were you able to locate the data you were looking for QuickNotes, or did instructions that ZachM or AngalinaS post help? 

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(386)

@raz Where are you at on this?

Zach M.
Community Manager
raz
Student
(0)

Hey Zack,

Thanks for the follow up.

According to Angie I should have included it in back ups. I have the entire hard drive on back up, everything gets backed up and I had no way of knowing that particular item was not being backed up for whatever reason. 

Well, we live and learn.

raz

Tyler_W
(72)

@raz  We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead