Click to close the image preview
My Mother Board crashed, So I bought a new notebook. I used the free version of Mozy and I wanted to know if I can recover any files to my new computer and if so what is the best safest way to do it. Thanks Micool
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes this should be possible. You can restore files at:
- Once you log in, you should land at Account Pages or Devices and Synced
- If at Account Pages, click on Restore Files to the right of the machine name
- If at Devices and Synced, click on Devices, then checkmark to the left of the machine name
- Click on "Restore All Files"
- If 3 GB or less, you can download the files immediately to the computer in question
- If above, follow the Recommended method to download the Restore Manager and install it
- Then download the .mzd file and then open it with Restore Manager
- Don't choose Restore to original location as it puts it in C:\Users and it won't technically be the same computer
- Instead, choose a custom location/folder
Let me know if this helps!
Your restore history shows that you were able to restore all your files. Please post any other questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved.
We haven't heard from you since your initial post on April 26th. Please mark this thread as solved or post any questions or comments.
First I want to thank you for your help, I did do something and did review my photo's but still trying to figure this all out. I think I need more memory so I guess I need a paid subscription. I'm not real computer savvy so it takes me a while to get up tom speed. Expect more questions soon.
Do you mean you need more space to save your files to? If you need to upgrade to a paid account from a free account, please follow the steps here: How do I upgrade from a free account?
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
@micool Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?
If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.
No worries! Let us know when you have additional questions. Feel free also to open a new thread if you have a different topic you need assistance on. We will mark this thread as resolved in the meantime. We're here for you when you need us, so don't hesitate to reach out!
@micool - Please let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer for you.
Thank you for using the Mozy forums!