Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
jjanssen
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Missing files from restore after replacing computer

I had a hard drive crash and had to replace it and reinstall Windows (8.1, although I was using 10 for some time now).

I named the computer the same as the previous one. During the restore process I was asked to replace the computer which I did, knowing that the files before 30 days would be unavailable but that I ran a backup of all my files daily.

Now I've discovered some missing files (such as one named Piemobile2.pln) and must get to older backups, I guess. I know I did not delete this file in particular as I was working on it within the last 30 days.

I searched the KB and the forum, but could find no particular answer.

Can I get some help on this?

Thank you for your assistance, Jeff Janssen

Benjamin_C
(155)
Solution

Re: Missing files from restore after replacing computer

Hello! So what I would do is start a 'Web Restore', but use the date change feature to pick a date from when you were working on the file last, and then see if you can find the file. (You can browse through the restore through our web interface). To setup a Web Restore from a previous date, follow this really nice article:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-restore-from-an-earlier-date

Let us know if that helped and if you need anymore Support!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
jjanssen
Cook
(0)

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently because I replaced the device with the new one, I can't go back before December 5, 2015, and the file is not there under that date either.

Any other suggestions?

Tyler_W
(72)

@jjanssen Unfortunately with MozyHome you are only able to go back 30 days on backups, any backups prior to that are not available anymore. So if you stopped backing up certain files, after 30 days those become unavailable. 

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
Tyler_W
(72)

@jjanssen  We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead