Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: How the Backup Process Works
Have you ever wondered what exactly is happening when you start a Mozy backup? This article explains the process in detail.

Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
jbob
Assassin
(8)
Solved (Go to Solution)

I did a full restore to my new motherboard. Where is the restored folder on my PC? win 10

Win 10. I conducted a full Mozy restore, but I can't locate the restored files on my PC. If possible, pls email solution to me at <removed for privacy>.

JaredG
(470)

Re: I did a full restore to my new motherboard. Where is the restored folder on my PC? win 10

@jbob

If you restored your data using the Mozy Restore Manager and used the default option "Preserve Original Location" then your data is most likely under C:\Users\(old profile name) under the old Windows profile name.

For example if your old Window profile name was Bob but you now log into Windows 10 as JBob then the original location for the user Bob doesn't exist so Mozy has to create the "original" location Bob under C:\Users\.  So before the restore on your new Windows 10 operating system you would only have C:\Users\JBob\ and then Mozy has to create the location C:\Users\Bob\.

Hopefully that makes sense.  Go look under C:\Users\ for your old Windows log in user profile name where your data is most likely located.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
jbob
Assassin
(8)
Solution

Re: I did a full restore to my new motherboard. Where is the restored folder on my PC? win 10

Jared,

Thanks for your swift reply plus detailed instructions. Even though it was only yesterday, don’t recall whether I selected: use the default option "Preserve Original Location".  

However, I believe I found them! I say, “I believe”, because, as you suggested, they are in a different directory: C:\Users\esteem.

I tested a few image files and found 5 copies of each. So, being I only need 1, should I delete the other 4, them move it to the correct directory?  Being that’s a gargantuan job (17212 files) and I recently backed up and restored a number of the critical files to a flash drive, such as My Documents, CSV files, etc, I should I delete this Mozy back up and use Restore again, but this time select the individual files to avoid duplication?

Thanks again,

jbob

PTNubs
(271)

@jbob

You can use a search in Windows Explorer to identify the duplicate files, then use a mass delete...

Here is the string you will search for in the restored files...

name:~"*(?)*"

That query will find any file name that ends with a character in parentheses.

This information can also be found in this Knowledge Base article

Peter M
Community Moderator
jbob
Assassin
(8)

Peter,

Thanks for your advice...I’m making slow progress, but, thanks to Mozy and your help, at least I have my precious files back! Looking forward to finishing and scheduling my next Mozy backup.

jbob

ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@jbob - Please let us know if there are any additional questions we can help answer for you. 

Thank you for using the Mozy community!

Shawn L.
Community Manager