Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Highlighted
momkat
Samurai Level 2
(79)
Solved (Go to Solution)

HELP ME PLEASE; I AM DESPARATE!

I POSTED IN THE COMMUNITY BUT I DID NOT RECEIVE AN  ANSWER.  HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH A REAL PERSON?  I TRIED TO RESTORE SOME FILES BUT I THINK I RESTORED THE WRONG ONES!    I THEN TRIED TO RESTORE THE CORRECT ONES AND IT SAID ALL MY DATA WILL BE LOST AND CAN NEVER BE RESTORED.  I AM IN TEARS.   I NEED TO REMOVE OR RE-INSTALL THE RESTORE ON OWNER-PC, AND RESTORE THE FILES ON MOM-PC, AND  THEN DELETE THE MOM-PC COMPUTER SINCE IT IS CRASHED AND IS GONE.   WILL SOMEONE PLEASE CONTACT ME? 

Benjamin_C
(195)
Solution

Re: HELP ME PLEASE; I AM DESPARATE!

Hello there! First off what you will need to do is start a new Web Restore to get your files back. To do a web restore follow this article:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Create-Web-Restore-MozyHome

Once finished I would suggest checking and making sure you have all the files you want from that old computer. Then if you wish to delete the files online that is up to you, and you can do it this way:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-delete-a-machine-from-my-account

As a warning once a machine is deleted from the account the files are immediately gone and cannot be recovered, so be careful. 

Last, as for phone or chat support, you will need to upgrade your account from a Mozy Free Account to either MozyHome or MozyPro, depending on what kind of support you would like:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-contact-Support

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@momkat

Did the previous post help at all? 

Let us know and we will be happy to help you further. 

Take care!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
JaredG
(479)

@momkat

Was the information Benjamin_C posted help you resolve your issue?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
momkat
Samurai Level 2
(79)

JaredG wrote:

@momkat

Was the information Benjamin_C posted help you resolve your issue?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

7/11/2017

Jared, momcat here again.  Will you help me?  I broke my hip recently which caused me to have to take pain medication, and that caused me not to have my wits about me, so time is running out for me to restore my files.  I did try to restore my files from my old computer, Mom PC, but I think I probably made a terrible mess. Smiley Sad  I do not know how to start over, not can I follow the steps from the knowledge base article.

I am a MozyHomeFree grandfathered member; does that help me?  Maybe we can set up a case?.   I urgently need assistance.   Will you please help me?  (You helped me last year and I remember that you are a very good agent/employee.)

Thank you.

Jeanie/Momcat

0 Reps
momkat
Samurai Level 2
(79)

Jared, I tried to answer your post but got error message saying to correct the highlighted areas, but I didn't see any highlighted areas.  One thing that I am disappointed about, altho I have a checkmark in the "Subscriptions" area on the left hand side of the page, NO ONE EMAILED ME WHEN SOMEONE REPLIED TO THE THREAD; THUS I DIDN'T RECEIVE BENJAMIN'S INSTRUCTIONS UNTIL I CLICKED "View discussion in a popup" A FEW MINUTES AGO.  I BELIEVE THAT IS ONE OF THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT THINGS THAT MOZY CAN DO TO HELP ITS MEMBERS. 

Anyway, here is the message I tried to send to you:

7/11/2017

Jared, momcat here again.  Will you help me?  I broke my hip recently which caused me to have to take pain medication, and that caused me not to have my wits about me, so time is running out for me to restore my files.  I did try to restore my files from my old computer, Mom PC, but I think I probably made a terrible mess. Smiley Sad  I do not know how to start over, not can I follow the steps from the knowledge base article.

I am a MozyHomeFree grandfathered member; does that help me?  Maybe we can set up a case?.   I urgently need assistance.   Will you please help me?  (You helped me last year and I remember that you are a very good agent/employee.)

Thank you.

Jeanie/Momcat

0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@momkat

It sounds like you may have attempted a restore, but you may have:

- Chosen the Recommended option

If this is the case, you may have chosen to restore the files to their original location. If it's a different computer, technically it can't restore to the original location (This includes if the computer was reimaged). Therefore you have to look in a certain spot for the files you restored:

- Go to C:\Users and try to locate a folder name of the old user on the old computer

Your files should be in there. Let me know if this was helpful!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@momkat - We're going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved as you are currently working with our support team on your restore questions in an open support case. 

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps