Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
pha
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Files not being backed up

I recently had to restore all of my files from my Mozy backup. It appears that the podcasts and purchased music in my iTunes library were restored, but not all my old CDs that I copied to my computer and iTunes library. is there a way to avoid re-copying all of those CDs and if not, how can I make sure they are backed up going forward? Thanks.

ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

Re: Files not being backed up

@pha - It doesn't look like you've received an update on your thread yet. Let me me have a technician reach out right away.

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
PTNubs
(271)

@pha

iTunes is designed where you can add files from anywhere on your computer, into the iTunes library for playback.

However, that does NOT move files from where they were saved. It simply tells iTunes where to find the files.

So, if the CDs you had saved were not saved directly into a folder that was backing up, then Mozy would not have touched them.

If you can give me a few examples of some songs or album names that you had in iTunes that were not restored, I can search your backup for them.

If they were not backed up, anyone in Support would be happy to help ensure your files and folders are selected correctly going forward. Please contact Support at your convenience and we can help.

Peter M
Community Moderator
pha
Warrior
(5)

I replied to this the other day but my response is not here. If you can please search for The Gits, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers to see if they were backed up I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

PTNubs
(271)

@pha

I am not finding any folders or files with those band names were ever backed up from your computer in the last 30 days.

If they were backing up prior to the 30-day retention policy, I have no way to tell.

What I would suggest is, going forward, contact Support so we can help you in ensuring the correct folders you want backing up are selected properly.

Support can be reached via our live chat which is available 24x7 at support.mozy.com

Peter M
Community Moderator
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@PTNubs - You can contact support using the steps in the link below:

What are my options when I need to contact support?

If you have any trouble, please let us know and I can create a case for you. 

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
JaredG
(470)

@pha

Since Peter was unable to locate any of the music you were looking for, here is a link to our knowledge base with instructions on how files are selected for backup in the "backup sets" tab and "file system" tab in the Mozy settings.  Use this link if you would like to chat with support.

Please post any other questions or comments or mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
PTNubs
(271)
Solution

@pha

Have we adequately addressed your concern?
Is there anything else with which we can assist on this thread?
If so, please let us know.

Otherwise, if we do not receive an update from you in the coming days, we will mark this thread as solved.
Thank you for participating in our Community!

Peter M
Community Moderator
pha
Warrior
(5)

Thanks- - I've added them to the backup going forward.

ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@pha - Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the future and we will be happy to help. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forum!

Shawn L.
Community Manager