Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
njl
Assassin
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Best method to delete files from web restore

What is the best way to match the files in Show Details of Mozy Restore Manager to those on my PC so that I can delete only those files?

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(213)

Re: Best method to delete files from web restore

Often people will put 'show details' on the right side of the screen, and their file system on the left side of the screen, and browse through the file system until they find the files they want to remove. There isn't much of a way past this if you want to remove files from your computer. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
njl
Assassin
(0)

There are way too many files to browse through in this manner. 

0 Reps
njl
Assassin
(0)

There is also a Mozy Restore Manager log file that is stored on the computer that can be opened in notepad. It is similar to the 'Show Details" file and an overwhelming amount of information to work with to compare the files downloaded to the computer.

0 Reps
njl
Assassin
(0)

Some versions of Excel may allow me to import the Mozy Restore Manager (MRM) notepad file that contains the same download data as in 'Show Files" of the MRM to sort/filter it in a more useful manner for my purposes.   

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@njl   Are you trying to delete the files you restored to the computer, or just the restore list?

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
njl
Assassin
(0)

I am trying to match the files downloaded by the web restore to those on my computer so that I can delete only those files. File restore manager displays all these files in "Show Details" but it is a monumental task to try to match each file on this listing. 

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

@njl,

If you're looking at the files in Show Details in the Restore Manager, you should be able to right-click on that file where you see it there and select Open Containing Folder and that will take you directly to the file in Windows where you can delete the file if needs be. Have you tried that option?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
njl
Assassin
(0)

If I right click on the file, I get "Show in Explorer" which does not allow me to do anything. Even if it would allow me to delete that file, it would be an impossible task to look at each file and then delete them since there is a total of 446.485MB.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

@njl,

Clicking on Show in Explorer should take you to the location that file is in your actual computer, through Windows File Explorer. From there you should be able to delete it from your system, however it will still show in the Restore Manager since it was downloaded during that restore. So if you delete it, and then right-click on it again, it wont take you anywhere since it's already been removed.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps