We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Restores/All-File-History-downloads-as-0-byte-files/m-p/94204

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Owyn
Emperor Level 1
(734)
Solved (Go to Solution)

All File History downloads as 0 byte files

I got a file corrupted on my PC and wanted to restore its previous version, thanks to Mozy Sync syncing it, it would be possible I thought.

But despite file versions showing many versions of 9mb all download attempts result in 0bytes files being downloaded (I tried to download different versions too),  so, are my file versions even there on mozy servers or just 0 bytes each?

Снимок экрана (84)_proc.jpg

I'd like to get my old file version please.

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)

Re: All File History downloads as 0 byte files

We will have to look into this for you and try and figure out what may be going on! I went and created a case for you and will email you there for troubleshooting.

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
Owyn
Emperor Level 1
(734)

I had a chat with support team, sadly my files could not be restored because "Sync is sadly not a backup software, and does not have the same protections that MozyHome backup does.", and it looks like because I had too many file versions my account manifest (?) got corrupted so all my backups (file syncs) were in vain and nothing (?) can be restored now (good that I don't need that now, and even better that I got to know it before something actually happened), I was instructed to uninstall Mozy Sync by support team, and it looks like it's the only decision now to try Mozy Backup instead.

but I really hope in the future Mozy Sync would be able to keep files just fine and not get anything corrupted in any use-case so I could start using it again, it was a nice experience using it (aside from failed restores and sudden silent corruption of everything from my files on mozy servers of course)

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@Owyn

In the case of backing up multiple file versions, that has been coded from the ground up for the Backup software to cover. May I suggest installing the MozyHome Backup software to do so? That way you can restore versions as far back as 30 days.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
Owyn
Emperor Level 1
(734)

> May I suggest installing the MozyHome Backup software

Well, I have no other choice now since Mozy Sync lost all my files from mozy servers and using it again would only result in this situation happening over again.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)
Solution

@Owyn

Apologies for any frustration or misunderstanding. Did you have any other questions or concerns we can address before closing this thread?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
Highlighted
Owyn
Emperor Level 1
(734)

That would be it, thank you for investigating the issue at least.

0 Reps