Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Forgotten Your Password?
Have you forgotten your password? Today's blog post walks you through how to reset it...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
Greg1031
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Re: Upgrade Plan

I upgraded my account with the 125GB plan but it's not allowing me to upgrade my current plan.  The only option I have under the Current Plan is to "Cancel Account" and the new increased plan doesn't start until Feb., 2018.

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

Hi @Greg1031,

It looks like your account is one that was activated with a retail key for 50GB only, is this an EMC employee gift account? If so, unfortunately these accounts cannot be upgraded. We'd have to completely remove the initial 50GB plan from your account, and have you upgrade and pay for the whole plan. The EMC employee gift accounts are required to stay at 50GB and cannot be increased. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you do want to get rid of the 50GB and just set up a regular MozyHome paid account, please let me know and we can help you with that process.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
Greg1031
Warrior
(5)

Yes,  I was an EMC employee and now a Dell Technologies employee.  I received this response from a Mozy employee when I asked if the gift would be extended to new Dell Technologies employees as a result of the merger:

"I received word that the employee subscriptions did receive the ok to be renewed another year. You should see the expiration day bump out another year within the next few days without needing to do anything on your end.

If you do decide to upgrade to the 125GB plan, just let me know after you’ve done it and I can refund you the value of the 50GB free account… which is around $65."

I would like to proceed to set up the 125GB to start right away as I haven't had a backup for two weeks now.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)
Solution

Hi @Greg1031,

Who did you receive that email from? I'm not finding any previous tickets in your queue that represent that, and unfortunately they cannot be upgraded. Company policy is that it has to stay at 50GB. But I see you have an open case, I'm going to take ownership of that case, please forward that communication and contact information that you got that from before so we can look into it and take corrective measures if you've been given misinformation.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support