Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Check out our latest contest. This is open to all of our community members and it's just as easy as all of the others! Take a look at the contest page for more details.

Re: New MozyHome Plans

just download a competitor to my comp, and started uploading my files, waiting till my month runs out and will cancel my new and short lived service with Mozy. Frustrating. But i can already feel it, i'll be in better hands. a competitor seems to be a Much cleaner company , everything is so clean and cheap for unlimited!

Mozy, you make me sick , thanks for the time wasted

Wow...

I have been backing up 2 terabytes for 4 months, thanks for taking my 20$... It never even finished, **bleep**.

TreeFrog
Cook
(2)

Ah, Mozy.  I was such a fan.  Been a customer over four years, but will not renew.  I understand rates changes, but for a (what appears to be in this group) an average user (~350GB), a 4x price hike is not acceptible.  Storage costs are decreasing very quickly and bandwidth -- at least from a commercial standpoint -- is as well.  While I ultimately feel everyone should be grandfathered, I would have even accepted up to possible 2x the cost for unlimited.

Have already begun the backup process with a competitor.  I will not renew, even if you decided to rethink the decision.  Why?

For one, you have completely lost my trust in your business sustainability.  There must be something fundamentally wrong with your management.

Most importantly, however, is in you forcing me to try out a competitor I have found the competitor's software, features, and perfomance to be leaps and bounds over what I have been using for the last four years.  I am actually astonished that I have been so blind as to not have switched to them a long time ago.

So, I thank you for your service the last four years and I also thank you for opening my eyes that there are more effecient and effective solutions out there -- and at your old price.

masug
Student
(0)

Re: Would you pay this much instead?

NO

batguano
Student
(0)

How to stop auto renew?

So, I want to cancel my account.  I imagine the chances of getting a pro-rated refund from Mozy is about the same as them sending me a unicorn pony. 

So, at least I want to make sure that I don't auto-renew....but as far as I can tell, you have two choices:  quit now, or make sure you remember to quit before the auto-renew kicks in with higher prices for lower service.

Anyone know a way to do this?

ittech
Student
(2)

Seriously... Just got 3 years locked in with a competitor with the 15% mozy discount...

It doesn't lock up the interface for minutes when selecting large folders... Amazing!

It started backing up at my full upload speed (10Mbit) almost immediately... Amazing!

Every time I tried to restore with Mozy it was a slow nightmare, every time I tried to use the interface it would hang for minutes choking on scanning files.

The only reason I stayed is that I already had my stuff uploaded, it was unlimited and cheap, and I figured I'd deal with the horrible restore process if I had a major problem since that's better than nothing.

Now it's not unlimited, but also not cheap... did the canadian ISP's buy Mozy or something?

I hope Mozy's plan to cut off their high use customers backfires hard and all the normal small backup users leave too.  It's what they deserve when making a change like this.

At least call it up to 250GB or so, then charge $0.25/GB over that, or something more reasonable.

NhiKo
Cook
(1)

I totally agree.

Backup is about trust, confidence...

Basically Mozy is saying "our business model is not good enough to sustain the service offered, so we have to charge you mode". Sorry, I cannot trust you anymore.

I'm a happy customer since 2006, you saved irreplaceable photos of my kids after a RAID huge failure... I've recommended you do literally dozens of people.

I was so happy with the "streaming" recovering utility...

And you abruptly (by email unlike some others apparently) ask me to triple my bill. I was more than offended by the "loyalty bonus".

Like others I've looked at the competitors and I think I'll cancel my account tonight.

Goodbye

james_bl...

Student
(1)

Well im off once my subscription runs out.  There was no warning of this until the email that I got today, the links to the faq in that don't even work.  I can't log into my account at mozy.co.uk.  It says "something broke", yeah right, the pricing structure thats what broke.

Hopfully in 6 months time there will be some good alternatives to choose from.

ittech
Student
(2)

You should switch now and demand a refund for the extra months.  Spend those months re-uploading your backup somewhere else

fredv
Cook
(0)

time to leave too ..

i would have never imagined such a change .. i t could have been $2 more per month or a small change .. but you can't give unlimited storage then swtich to a few GB without losing a lot of your good old customers ..

Bye Mozy ..