DavidHill
Assassin
(4)

Re: New MozyHome Plans

It's a little bit dangerous to just let Mozy close the account. They have already proven themselves to be a disreputable company (through the manner in which they dealt with the price increases), so it wouldn't surprise me if they simply charged your credit card some obscene amount.

I'm just about to cancel my Mozy account. I will remember Mozy, and its owner, for a long time to come, for advertising a service/price point they provided for only a short time after I signed up for it, and for treating customers very unpleasantly for doing nothing more than using a service that was advertised, amongst other things.

I will also be telling the story to many in the future, including businesses I work with who need an on-line backup they can trust.

merk
Sensei Level 2
(32)

So_Long_Mozy wrote:

Another company who I will not mention has been gleefully absorbing your customers, and for the last week I have been happily uploading to them the data you no longer consider worthy of holding for me.

I have been using you for YEARS, through all the crappy undocumented software changes and bugs, but now I guess you are done with me.

I can't believe how many people I told to use your service.  Only 8 more days until my plan expires, and then I'm gone.

I'm not going to cancel my account, I'm going to make you jerks close it because I didn't select a new one.

You should close your account yourself. I believe it will auto-renew otherwise. It's pointless trying to get revenge with mozy by 'making them' do anything. It's not like the CEO is sitting there manually processing accounts. At worst, it's some minimum wage person doing the work who had nothing to do with this decision. more then likely, it's a computer.

It's less hassle for you if you just cancel it - otherwise if it auto-renews you'll have to contact mozy and ask for a refund.

You can delete your account by logging into the mozy web page, clicking on my account, then my profile and you should see a link to delete your account.

So_Long_...

Student
(0)

You're right, I'll close my account myself so they don't rape my debit card.

I would have gladly remained a customer if the price had doubled but the data limit didn't change.

I could even have tolerated doubling the price but with a more reasonable data cap.  But 50gb?  I have thrown away hard drives bigger than that!

moiremusic
Assassin
(3)

Just deleted my account. A weight has been lifted.

Georgeair
Cook
(0)

Very disappointing tray pop up today. I understand price increases. I'd even continue to recommend Mozy on the heels of a reasonable one. but 100%+ increase all at once is simply ridiculous. Especially for only 90gb of space used.

merk
Sensei Level 2
(32)

Georgeair wrote:

Very disappointing tray pop up today. I understand price increases. I'd even continue to recommend Mozy on the heels of a reasonable one. but 100%+ increase all at once is simply ridiculous. Especially for only 90gb of space used.

I'm finding another solution tonight. Shouldn't be hard.

(Removed) - This was removed because while we know that the pricing change was unfortunate, we aren't advertising other backup companies in our forum.

List of alternatives there.

Backup_kl
Cook
(0)

Unbelievable!  I feel dupped.  I feel as if I invested time and energy into a deal with Mozy only to find the deal changed in such a way as to take advantage.    Consider me a former customer. 

New subscription rates? Not for me...

I understand costs change and markets change. But I just looked into my account to find that my subscription will double at renewal time (from about $55 to about $110). If I try to make this more digestible by rolling in another computer here (the plan says it accepts up to 3), then my additional GB will nearly double the cost again.

a competitor still offers unlimited for $55.00. Right now, they'll do a 3-year deal with unlimited for about the same thing my renewal will be at Mozy for 1 year.

I sure hope Mozy isn't pricing themselves out of existence. There is competition out there, right?

As for me, I'll probably be installing a competitor before month end.

Thanks for a couple of good years -- and good luck.

bobvish
Cook
(0)

You guys are sooooo missing the boat here. In a nutshell, I put up with throttled by Mozy upload speeds because I trust Mozy. Your new pricing plan will be WAY to expensive for me to justify with other options like a competitor out there. I'd rethink your new pricing model if I were you. BTW, PLEASE stop with the scare tactics (e.g.: "Your files are at risk of being deleted! You currently don't have a renewal plan.") I have almost a year left on my plan and I'm not an idiot.

bobvish
Cook
(0)

Wow- you auto- replace competitor's names with the word "competitor". Impressive!