Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Highlighted
Beymer
Spy
(0)

Re: New MozyHome Plans

I'm FREE!!!!! Mozy i'm out. I have backed up my data to another provider (who will remain unlisted because you censor everything) and loving the simplicity. The best part.... they won't jack up their prices without notifying their users ahead of time. Talk about a knee jerk decision. 

Mozy... you were cool when you cared about your customer. It is sad to see the big corporations (EMC) destroy the vision of a once great company. 

Lanmarkx
Student
(0)

Re: New MozyHome Plans

Bye Mozy! I just finished uploading my data to a competitor with a better product at the old price for unlimited use.

Justed wanted to chime in before I deleted my account in a few minuts to prevent getting billed the new rates next week.

Shadowfax
Assassin
(2)

Re: New MozyHome Plans --- Goodbye Mozy

> The NetApp filers are horrible where I work. Maybe you will have better luck with them.

You're doing it wrong.  I help manage 26 clusters at a client and (from 8 years old to 1 month old) the interface, management, and hardware is all compatible, interchangable and consistent and a dream to work with.  'Course its not as easy as Equallogic "The Fisher-Price of Storage" but hey, no one's perfect.

Don't forget to vote on the platform you're moving to.

I've done. Got onto a competitor's service. Will cancel Mozy once I'm done uploading.

More information here: http://acompetitor.com where I've detailed this crappy turn of events.

romuald
Cook
(0)

Hi all,

unbelievable decision, I have about 450Go of backup data. I have just paid 103.95$ for the next 2 years (till 01/19/2013). With the new plan I'm going to pay about 45$ per month, about 1000$ for 2 years!

I just have one question: since I have just paid for the next 2 years, I have to choose a renewal plan on 01/19/2013. What will happen if I don't choose a renewal plan before 2013?

regards,

Romuald

jonathanz
Cook
(1)

"i've seen the people who are switching and saying they are going to get their friends and family to switch as well. That also seems a bit petty to me." Not petty at all. In fact this is the way the free market system is *supposed* to work. If consumers don't like a product they vote with their pocketbook; they purchase the good from someone else or do without. Markets signal using prices. Instead of Mozy having to conduct expensive polls of users to find out what they think, they simply monitor their sales. If they make a change and sales stop growing or drop, the market tells them the change was a bad idea.
merk
Sensei Level 2
(32)

jonathanz wrote:
"i've seen the people who are switching and saying they are going to get their friends and family to switch as well. That also seems a bit petty to me." Not petty at all. In fact this is the way the free market system is *supposed* to work. If consumers don't like a product they vote with their pocketbook; they purchase the good from someone else or do without. Markets signal using prices. Instead of Mozy having to conduct expensive polls of users to find out what they think, they simply monitor their sales. If they make a change and sales stop growing or drop, the market tells them the change was a bad idea.

actually, i'd say the free market should be if you don't like a product, you stop using it. Not, if you dont like a product, you stop using it and get other people who might be happy with it to also stop using it.

If those other people are unhappy with mozy or getting a better deal somewhere else, then yeah, they should switch. But trying to get other people to switch simply because you are annoyed at a company just seems enotional rather then rational.

although i'm sure mozy took into consideration that people would do that when they changed their plans. They might even have a good estimate of how many secondary accounts they'll loose from the referal program.

Shadowfax
Assassin
(2)

>actually, i'd say the free market should be if you don't like a product, you stop using it. Not, if you dont like a product, you stop using it and get other people who might be happy with it to also stop using it.

I'm sure Mozy would love that - I recommend Mozy to tons of people directly and through my blog, but when they raise rates 1620% I shouldn't go back and tell those people my recommendation has changed.

Maybe you'd like to see a gag order implemented requiring people to only speak well of businesses?  'Cause a free market should only allow positives, right.  Sounds "free" to me!

gdbr
Cook
(0)

Everybody has spoken, everything has been said.

I'm ending my account tonight. Yes, I'm one of those heavy user — I'm a musician, sorry, I have a lot of media files — but I was just paying for something that was actually offered to me: unlimited, that's it. The now plans just don't suit me.

Mozy couldn't keep its offer and worse: didn't allow me to re-backup my data elsewhere, because it took months to do all the backup and even now more than a half of my data has already disappeared from the servers. How could I backup everything again within less than a month?

I was a monthly payer, therefore it seems I have no rights to a refund. But I should have! I'm not "Save with Mozy". With Mozy, I can't "be sure my digital life will always be there when I need it" — that was a big fat lie. I wouldn't trust such a service.

DavidHill
Assassin
(2)

actually, i'd say the free market should be if you don't like a product, you stop using it. Not, if you dont like a product, you stop using it and get other people who might be happy with it to also stop using it.

Disagree. If you say 'encourage' or 'recommend' rather than 'get', then surely that process is an important part of the capitalist system. If someone has had a bad customer service experience (which is a large part of  the issue with this price rise: inadequate warning, dodgy advertising when apparently the decision to change prices was taken months ago but 'unlimited' still advertised), then informing others is fair, helpful to your friends, and gives the companies that take customers seriously an advantage over those who don't.