Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Community Feedback Contest Winners Announced!
The Winners from the Mozy Community Feedback Contest have been announced! Did you win? See who won a $50 Amazon Gift Card on the blog today...

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
Imbatnan
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

New Computer. Previous Backup on Mozy is not Visible. Need help please

Im sure this is a common issue but I'm new to Windows 10 so I'm doubly cross-eyed. Replaced dead computer, Mozy files seemed to be restoring perfectly, but I can't find them and now the only back up I see is the auto backup on the new pc! 

Please please help me locate my old files? Thank you!

AngelinaS
(194)
Solution

Re: New Computer. Previous Backup on Mozy is not Visible. Need help please

@Imbatnan   When you install the Mozy backup client on the new computer and select "Replace Computer" option during install/setup, the account will then only show the new computer name.  Because of the Replace Computer option, the new computer will inherit the backup history of the old computer for 30 days.  Those files can still be accessed during the 30 days period by changing the date on the restore page online.  To do this, click on the new computer name, put a check mark next to C:\ (for Windows, or / (for Mac).  Open the View Action Pane by clicking on the single square that is located near the top right directly under the button with your name or email address in it.  This will provide you an option within that menu to Change Date.  By changing the date to before setting up the new computer with Mozy, you will see the files backed up from the old computer, but the display on the screen will still show the new computer name.

As for where these downloaded files may be on the new computer, if you kept the "Preserve Original Location" option within the Restore Manager, then your files will be at C:\Users\(previous user folder name).  If you want the files and subfolders from Documents that were in the old user folder to be in the new user folder under Documents, you will need to move them there using Windows copy/paste function.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(385)

@Imbatnan

Was the information provided helpful to you in resolving your issue or answering all your questions?

Please post any further questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Imbatnan
Warrior
(5)

Thanks!  I'm all set. Mozy is pretty user friendly if  you know what to call stuff!  After I posted this request, a Mozy box popped up (not from the forum) and walked me through it. Weird, but very helpful.  Thanks for responding!

ShawnL
Community Manager
(403)

@Imbatnan

I'm so glad your issue was resolved! Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we will be glad to help!

Thank you for participating in the Mozy community!

Shawn L.
Community Manager