Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Highlighted
dcc700
Spy
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

I would like to download from paid to free account

From the threads on here it seems like the process to accomplish this is by opening a thread here (which seems a little odd / clunky)

At any rate, if so I I'm submitting my request to download from a paid to free account.

By the way, I upgraded my account I think about a year ago when I ran out of space in my backup set, but somehow my local install never was able to detect the upgrade. I didn't have time to hassle with it, so I've been paying for the service for the past year, but have not had my data backed up during that time.

I'll be switching to another backup service, but would like to continue using the file sync service which has worked well!

Thus preference is to downgrade to free account over cancelling and deleting account entirely.

remymozy
(47)

Re: I would like to download from paid to free account

@dcc700

The account can be reverted to a free account by opening a live chat or creating a case on your My Support page asking us to do so with the last four of the credit card in the case for verification purposes only. Here is how you can open a chat/case: http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-chat-with-support

During this time that the backup did not run, we were still preserving the data you had already backed up. We are here 24/7 to help you with an issues you're experiencing, you just need to let us know when you have them so we can help. 

0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)
Solution

@dcc700 - I went ahead and created a case with support who will help you revert your account to Free (2GB). Please look for a separate case update shortly.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and thank you for using the Mozy forum!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)

@dcc700

I see that Jared is working with you on this issue and has created a case number (01599702). Please stay in touch with him to assist you. Do you have any other general questions we can answer regarding this topic in this thread? Let us know when possible.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@dcc700

Please reply to the email I sent from the case with instructions to move forward with downgrading your account to free.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)

@dcc700

We have not heard from you recently. Do you still need assistance?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @dcc700,

I see that you were able to get this taken care of via your Support case with @JaredG. That case has now been marked as resolved, so we're going to mark this thread as resolved as well. If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps