Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Tour of your MozyHome Account
Join us for Part 1 in our series where we provide a detailed tour of the MozyHome account settings.

May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ogee125
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Archive packages

There are 2 archive package from previous computers in my Mozy files. I need to eliminate one as they are duplicate files and are taking way too much space 61gb each. It is costing me money.

Julius
(154)
Solution

Re: Archive packages

@ogee125

To remove the any unwanted file(s) from the Mozy backup, simply deselect the file(s) from the MozyHome settings and  run a backup. Because Mozy only backs up what you've selected, the next backup will mark those files for deletion and that will free up the space taken by those files. 

To de-select files, Open Mozy settings> Click on File System tab> find the archive files you want to remove and remove the check marks next to them. Once you un-check them you should see the total usage change at the bottom of the settings window. Click OK to save the changes and start a backup. Once the backup is completed check your account for total space used.

Let us know if you have any questions.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
username...

Master Level 1
(2982)

ogee125 wrote:

There are 2 archive package from previous computers in my Mozy files. I need to eliminate one as they are duplicate files and are taking way too much space 61gb each. It is costing me money.

You could move them to a folder that does not get backed up.

If you have the files (that are in the archive) stored elsewhere, then just delete the archive packages.

JaredG
(446)

@ogee125

You may either move the data out of a folder that's selected for backup or you may remove it from the backup selection.

Here's a link with information about selecting files for backup.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(446)

@ogee125

Have you been able to make adjustments to your file selection or move files out of folders selected for backup?

Please let the community know if you have any questions or if you having any problems that we might be able to help with.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
AllanH
(203)

Answer marked for solution. Thank you for participating in the Mozy Community!