Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Can I Back Up My Website or Blog with Mozy?
Do you have a personal website or blog you'd like to keep backed up? Check out the most recent blog post for more information on how to do it...

July's Webinar: Using a client configuration to control what your users backup
This months webinar on 07/26 will show you how to create a client configuration within the Administrator Console that you can push to your users. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Bella5
Warrior
(6)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Account LogIn Failure

Dear Community,

I haven't used my MozyHomeFree account for years and now I seem to be unable to log in. It says my username/password are incorrect. Unfortunately, resetting the password does not work either. 

I am really concerned my account has been deleted. I have read in Mozy's GT&Cs that Mozy can delete MozyHomeFree accounts without notice to the user. 

In order to send this message to the community I have created a new MozyHomeFree account. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

angelag
Community Manager
(954)
Solution

Re: Account LogIn Failure

Hello @Bella5,

You are correct. As per the End User License Agreement, MozyHome Free accounts are subject to deletion for inactivity after 30 days. We highly recommend that all users check their backups regularly, but it is especially important for Free account users to check their backups and make sure they are running so the account does not become inactive due to the backups not occurring.

As for the paid plans with MozyHome and MozyPro accounts, the inactivity policy does not apply as long as the account is kept current. We do recommend upgrading accounts to paid or checking the accounts regularly to avoid the inactivity policy being enacted.

I am going to go ahead and send you a private message here via the community to request your account information so I can check on your account specifically and see what has occurred with it.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
Bella5
Warrior
(6)

Thank you for your prompt response Angela. That's much appreciated. 

angelag
Community Manager
(954)

@Bella5,

You're so very welcome, and thank YOU for taking the time to use the Mozy Community.

Is there anything further I can help you with at this time?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
AllanH
(203)

@Bella5

Marking the appropriate solution. Thanks for participating in the Mozy Community!