Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Tour of your MozyHome Account
Join us for Part 1 in our series where we provide a detailed tour of the MozyHome account settings.

May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)
Solved (Go to Solution)

restore single file from old computer to new with free MOZY Home

How can I restore single file from old computer to new with free MOZY Home?

Benjamin_C
(120)

Re: restore single file from old computer to new with free MOZY Home

You should be able to just do a normal web restore. See this article for details:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Create-Web-Restore-MozyHome

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

I just want to restore one folder, my downloads.

Can I do this with the free version?

Please list the steps.

If I follow the directions with the link you suggest, there is no option for just selecting one folder.

I do not want a host of duplicated.

Thanks.

Jeanne

AngelinaS
(219)

@Jeanne   Yes,  You click on the computer name, then the C folder, and continue clicking on the folder names to navigate to the folder you need to restore.  Once you see the folder you want to restore, place a check mark in the box that is to the left of the folder name.  If the total size of what is to be restore is greater than 1GB, you will want to use the Large Download option listed under the View Action pane.  If it is less than 1GB for the total size, you can use the "Download" Button that appears at the right.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

Thanks.

I'm afraid that I'll lose data from my old computer when I download MOZY onto the new computer.

Please tell me what steps I need to do before the actual data transfer in order to transfer just my downloads from the old to the new.

JaredG
(446)

@Jeanne

You won't loose any of your data when you do a restore as long as you don't delete the computer from your account.

Even if you start backing up data on your new computer that's not from your old computer, since Mozyhome and Mozyhome free accounts have 30 days to restore data after a backup that doesn't have the original data from another computer or if the files are deleted from the computer or removed from the backup selection, and again as long as you don't delete the computer from your account.

Here is a link to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore from the web a single file or folder from  your backup:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-Restore-Individual-Files-via-the-Web-from-One-Loca...

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

But only "this computer" is an option.  I can't access my old computer to transfer files to the new one.

Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

Do I try to restore "downloads" only from the old computer to the new online?

If so, my only option is "restore all files" which I do not want to do.

If I use the desktop MOZY, the old computer is not listed.

Please help!

Jeanne

Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

I got 2 (two) zipped files when I tired to download my "download" file from old to new computer.

why 2?

Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

I just downloaded MOZY on my new computer.

On my home screen, under this PC, C drive, users, I see 2 users.  

I want to restore only my downloads from the old computer, nothing else.

Who are the 2 users???

Is one from the old and the other from the new computer?

Which is which?

I have an option to either overwrite existing files or to rename copy if original file exists.

I don't want to do either.

My goals are:

1. to just get MOZY to restore downloads file from the old computer, 

2. backup new computer.

Please advise.

Thanks!