Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
sglodek
Spy
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

once too large, now small enougth but no backup

Hello,

I am using the free edition with 2GB of Memory. have a backup with about 500 files. Five of that has grown too large, so the account limit was reached.

Now the files are small enought ( all files together 1.7 GB). MOZY starts backup but can't save the files and gives me an

AccountError3.

How can I get it working again?

Siegbert

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(195)

Re: once too large, now small enougth but no backup

What does the Mozy Settings say for the amount of space selected? That is what you need to go off of. Open the Mozy Settings and go to the Backup Sets or File System Tabs, and across the bottom will be a bar with your backup selection. What does it say you have selected for backup? If it says you are over you may have more work to do, and may need to change your selection. 

How to open settings:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/mozy-t-access-w-c

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
sglodek
Spy
(0)

Hello,

MOZY finds 1,7 FB to Backup. It starts the upload of the first file and afte 100% there comes a message for a short time. I think it was somthing like "chekcing space on server". After that there was the account-error.

I think the problem is, that in the moment the first file is to be stored MOZY has not enough space on the server, because there are the large versions of 5 files stored last time MOZY writes a backup. This fills up the server to 2GB.

If MOZY deletes this five files and then stores the small versions, all would work.

Siegber

0 Reps
sglodek
Spy
(0)

mozy shows this screen (see attachment)

344 MB in saved files

1,4 GB in files to backup

together 1,744 GB of 2 GB in free account

But backup was cancelled every time with the same error

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)
Solution

@sglodek

It sounds like the Mozy backup software is misreporting because I can see that your computer is attempting to backup 1.74 GBs.

This can be caused by antimalware or antivirus programs that have begun to interfere with Mozy.

If you have any antimalware or antivirus programs running then you will need to add Mozy as a program exclusion (not a scan exclusion which will only stop them from scanning Mozy). 

1. To add exclusions please add these files to your exclusion list:

• C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozybackup.exe
  • C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozyconf.exe 
  • C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozystat.exe 
  • C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozyutil.exe 

2.  Once you add these exclusions to your antivirus or anti-malware program if you have any then please restart your computer to guarantee the exclusions entered take affect.  Many antivirus or anti-malware program exclusions will not take affect until the computer is restarted.

3.  Once your computer is restarted open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Escape then under the processes tab stop all Mozy processes in the list by right clicking on the process and choosing "Stop". Any Mozy process will have the word "Mozy" at the beginning of the named process. (There may be one or two Mozy processes you can not stop.  Just ignore any you can't stop)

4.  Then in Windows Explorer navigate to "C:\Program Files\MozyHome\data\" and delete "changes.dat, cache.dat, and scancache.dat.

5.  Then in Windows Explorer navigate to "C:\Program Files\MozyHome\" and double click "mozystat.exe" to put the Mozyhome icon back in your system tray next to the clock.

6.  Then open Mozy status and click "Start Backup"

If you were able to follow all these instructions Mozy will be able to correct the misreporting once the backup completes.

If you have any trouble following these instructions please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@sglodek

Just checking in. Were the steps Jared offered helpful? Let us know when possible or if you have any other related questions.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
sglodek
Spy
(0)

I did all the steps but it doesn't work.

There are 1.8 GB of data to backup. Mozy starts and was able to backup some files (Ats "Start Backup" there were about 1.2 GB "saved" and 0.6GB to backup), but ist stops before the account-maximum of 2 GB is reached.

See screenshot

Regards

Siegbert

0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@sglodek

Do you have any other users that have their own Windows user profile that log into the PC that also use Mozy? If not, there is likely a state.dat file in addition to a few others that need to be updated. The easiest way would be to:

- Uninstall Mozy by going to Programs and Features

- Save your backup selection when prompted

- Reboot your PC, even if you are not prompted to refresh all cached files

- Reinstall Mozy from this link: http://mozy.com/downloads/mozysetup.exe

Let us know if that changes and reports a more accurate file selection!

For convenience sake I have included my English statement above translated below in German in italics:

Haben Sie andere Benutzer, die ihre eigenen Windows-Benutzer Profil dieses Protokoll in den PC, die auch Mozy verwenden? Wenn dies nicht der Fall ist, gibt es wahrscheinlich eine state.dat Datei zusätzlich ein paar andere, die aktualisiert werden müssen. Der einfachste Weg wäre:

- Deinstallieren Sie Mozy indem Sie auf Programme und Funktionen

- Speichern Sie Ihre backup-Auswahl bei Aufforderung

- Starten Sie Ihren PC, auch wenn Sie nicht aufgefordert werden, alle zwischengespeicherten Dateien aktualisieren

- Installieren Sie Mozy über diesen Link: http://mozy.com/downloads/mozysetup.exe

- Melden Sie sich und Ihre Dateiauswahl, wenn Sie aufgefordert werden re-import

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, ob das ändert und eine genauere Dateiauswahl meldet!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
sglodek
Spy
(0)

Hello Scott

after deinstalling and reinstalling the problem still existst :-(.

MOZY shows a screen telling me that 0 Bytes were in sved files, 1.8 GB waiting to be backed up and stops the backup after a few seconds with accounterror 3

see attachment

0 Reps
sglodek
Spy
(0)

Hello Scott

is it possible to make a full new start?

Maybe it will work this way:

- remove the PC from the account

- add it to the account

- start with a fresh backup

Is it possible to do it this way and keep my backup-set (selectetd files)?

Regards,

Siegbert

0 Reps