Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
elevine
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

new computer

i am moving to a new computer and will replace my mozy with new computer.  I am using 100 GB now.  i dont need to back up the old computer.  Are the files from the old computer still available or do they get erased?

0 Reps
JaredG
(455)
Solution

Re: new computer

@elevine

If are moving to a new computer and you install Mozy again, you will be asked if you want to add or replace your computer.  If you choose replace then you can finish the setup wizard and open the Mozy settings and select your files for backup and Mozy will resume backing up where it left off.  Make sure you move your data from your old computer to your new computer.

The data will not be erased from your old backup unless you delete the computer from off your account or you start backing up your new computer without the data from your old computer backing up on the new computer and you exceed 30 days (Mozy home customers have 30 days retention)

If you need to restore data then follow this link to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore your data.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@elevine

Hello, I just wanted to ensure your issue has been resolved with the steps suggested above? Please let us know when possible.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@elevine - It looks like you were able to contact support and get your question answered. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future!

Thank you for using the Mozy forum!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps
Highlighted
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @elevine,

I'm really glad to see that this recent thread appears to be resolved. If you have a moment, we'd love to get your feedback on your experience in our forum and Community as we gear up to redesign and update some of our processes. All you have to do is leave a comment on our Community Feedback Giveaway blog post, and that will also enter you for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! We'll be choosing 5 winners, so we don't want you to miss out.

Thank you so very much for being an essential part of our Community!

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps