We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/mozy-wont-backup/td-p/93649

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
kmgrayphd
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

mozy wont' backup

I tried going to services, stopping it and restarting it. I got a message that it couldn't stop it, error 109 "the pipe has been ended". I tried simply restart. It appeared to start it again but after about 30 seconds the red line appeared on the task tray icon again and it just says that it is "connecting to backup service" but never does so. When I activate the box to manually start it, the "start" box is greyed out. In notice my last request for help was exactly 1 year ago and this coincides with my December automatic renewal. Is this a glitch in Mozy programming that is never fixed? I don't want to face the inability to backup files the way I have been for 24 hours now. If it is an unfixed glitch, I will explore other online backup programs.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)
Solution

Re: mozy wont' backup

@kmgrayphd

The data center your machine was reporting to was undergoing maintenance at the time, which impacted a few other customers as well. However, I now see that backups completed 5 hours ago successfully. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience! Did you have additional questions we could address for you?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(825)

@kmgrayphd

As Scott mentioned we had some maintenance running however your backups are still reporting successful.

Please post any other questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@kmgrayphd

Just checking in. Did you have additional questions? We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly. Please respond if you need anything else!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@kmgrayphd

I see that your backups are still completing successfully.

I've gone a head and marked this thread a solved.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps