We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/mozy-home-backup-not-working-after-latest-software-update/td-p/93711

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
davidf1
Assassin
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

mozy home backup not working after latest software update

Since updating Mozy home to vers  2.36.3.633 the automatic backup does not work. I get a red exclamation mark on the icon.

Help.

Thanks

David

david@finepresentations.com

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)

Re: mozy home backup not working after latest software update

That is very odd! In this case I would advise restarting your computer and attempting it again. Let us know what happens!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@davidf1

Just checking in. I see that backups completed successfully today! Did you have any other questions or concerns we can address, or may we mark this thread as resolved?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
davidf1
Assassin
(3)

It is NOT resolved. It backs up a few times then stops. i have to reboot my computer to get it going again. So far the advice has not been helpful.  David

0 Reps
Ichorous...

Assassin
(0)

I've had the same problem. I haven't had an automatic backup in 7 days. Today I gave up and tried a manual backup and it is stuck on retrieving information. No backup starts.
I'm pretty certain this was since the last update.

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@davidf1

Unless you setup your Mozy account under a different email than what you used to register with the Mozy community then I only see one ClientError3 reporting on your account on January 3rd, and all recent prior and subsequent backups report successful.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@IchorousAllsort

Your backup appears to have an issue related to some maintenance going on right now to one of our data centers.

We'll post an update as soon as we find out more.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
Ichorous...

Assassin
(0)

Okay, I'll wait and see and let you know if it resolves.

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@IchorousAllsort

Can you tell us what error is reporting in the Mozy status window?

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
davidf1
Assassin
(3)

It says connecting to service but doesn't connect. I now have to go to services.msc and start Mozy then its fine. I see a thread that says this s a known problem caused by the latest update and that you are working to fix it.

0 Reps