We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/mozy-download/td-p/94017

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
farmstead
Cook
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

mozy download

I have been using Mozy for more years than I care to remember and just recently needed to restore all my files.  I have the free version.  I have the files downloaded in my download file but I can't open them without a "personal key" which I have never heard of before.  There is no support line to call or email address to ask for help.  What shall I do?  At this point all I can think of to do is go on Facebook and see if anyone else has had this problem.  

ScottS1
(182)
Solution

Re: mozy download

@farmstead

Hello,

Please refer to the article here:

- https://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/mozy-c-understanding-encryption

Essentially what has happened is that a key was assigned during the initial installation of the software. You need to find what that is and define it when you restore the data. Think of Mozy as being the owners of the safe, but only you have the appropriate key to the safe.

Try your best to locate your encryption key if you've defined it as a .dat file or enter any passwords or pass phrases you may have used in the past to unlock the encryption.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(825)

@farmstead

Were you able to find your encryption key to decrypt your file?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@farmstead

Any luck locating your encryption key?

Please post any other questions or comments if you need further assistance otherwise please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@farmstead

We haven't heard from you recently and will be marking this thread as resolved. Please open a new thread if you have any new questions!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps