Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Keep your files in Sync with Mozy & What's new with Mozy Windows and Linux clients?
Learn more about Sync as well as Windows and Linux clients in the latest community blogs!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Fastlane1
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

moving all files from old to new computor

I want to move all my files and pictures and music from old computer win7 to new win10 I need step by step instructions, Will Mozy just move the files or will they be put in the proper place. In my Thunderbird mail app I have old emails saved in folders will I need to setup new folders in the new computer or will they be moved and put in place. will my folders with pictures move in the folders or just bulk is there a better way then using Mozy. Do any of the transfer programs put things where they were in the old computer or all just bulk move and I have to figure out where it all goes

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(228)
Solution

Re: moving all files from old to new computor

Our program would just restore all of the files you have backed up to the location you indicate on your hard drive. If the file structure is the same as the old computer then Mozy will attempt to put the files back where they were originally if you select that option, but I would suggest putting them on your desktop and moving them to where they need to go. 

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Requesting-Web-Restore-for-All-Files

To be honest as it takes a while to download files from the internet you may want to look into a separate service that uses cables to transfer the files. We can't suggest one, but I'm sure Google will have lots of recommendations. Up to you though! 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
ScottS1
(161)

@Fastlane1

Did you have any other questions we can help address at this time?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(782)

@Fastlane1

We haven't heard back from you since your initial post. 

Were you able to follow Benjamin's instructions as a solution?

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(161)

@Fastlane1

We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly since we haven't heard back from you. Please respond if you need anything else.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps