Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
jamiek
Spy
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

install missing digital signature ?

I just completed a clean Windows 10 install.  When I downloaded & tried to install MozyHome 2.30.0.473, I get an error that a driver is not digitally signed.  When I ignore it, I am unable to start the 1st backup due to filter error.  I followed the steps trying to start the filter but the cmd window says there is a problem with the digitally signed driver.  I also downloaded and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup as instructed in another threads but the problem persists when attempting to install Mozy.  How do I either get Mozy to install correctly or start the filter?  Currently, Mozy is installed with the filtererror preventing first backup.  Thanks.

Jamiek

Benjamin_C
(155)

Re: install missing digital signature ?

You will need to uninstall Mozy, and then go through and install all of your windows updates that are available. Then re-install Mozy. That should fix this issue. If there is still a problem, as a temporary fix install this older version of Mozy (that you can update to the newest once installed):

https://home.mozypro.com/downloads/mozy-2_28_2_432-69291.exe

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
jamiek
Spy
(5)
Solution

Thanks.  Installing the 2.28 version did the trick.  It installed correctly and is now making progress in the first backup as opposed to stopping right away.  Thanks again for your assistance!

ShawnL
Community Manager
(565)

@jamiek

I'm happy to hear everything is up and running. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance in the future and thank you for using the Mozy community!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
Lightd
Cook
(0)

Did you ever get an answer.   I am done with Mozy if this is not fixed.  there are plenty of options for other companies for the same service.   No reason to mess with these guys. 

jamiek wrote:

I just completed a clean Windows 10 install.  When I downloaded & tried to install MozyHome 2.30.0.473, I get an error that a driver is not digitally signed.  When I ignore it, I am unable to start the 1st backup due to filter error.  I followed the steps trying to start the filter but the cmd window says there is a problem with the digitally signed driver.  I also downloaded and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup as instructed in another threads but the problem persists when attempting to install Mozy.  How do I either get Mozy to install correctly or start the filter?  Currently, Mozy is installed with the filtererror preventing first backup.  Thanks.

Jamiek

Benjamin_C
(155)

According to Jamiek's post above, she was able to fix the issue by following the posts in this thread, specifically to uninstall Mozy, and then install this version of Mozy:

https://home.mozypro.com/downloads/mozy-2_28_2_432-69291.exe

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
ShawnL
Community Manager
(565)

@Lightd - Did you need any additional assistance?

Shawn L.
Community Manager
ShawnL
Community Manager
(565)

For future reference, the latest version of the software should resolve this issue which can be found below:

MozyHome

MozyPro

Additional information can be found in the blog article below:

Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors

Please let us know if you have any additional questions by creating a new post

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager