Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)
Solved (Go to Solution)

error message

MozyHome is unable to successfully back up.  Click the "start backup" button to try again.

I've clicked the "start backup" button a dozen times.  I still get the same results.  What would Einstein say?

Please help!

Thanks.

Jeanne

Benjamin_C
(186)

Re: error message

Does anything happen when you try starting a backup? Another-words does it try and fail, or does nothing happen? Is the button grayed out? Let us know and we'll be happy to help look into this!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
Highlighted
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

"No successful backups for 7 days.  

Files backed up 14988 (3.2GB).

Files awaiting backup 1."

It appears to be backing up.  "Start backup" button is not grayed out.

Thanks.

Jeanne

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

Hi Jeanne,

I took a look at your account here and I show that you're receiving a ClientError3 message on your recent backup attempts. This indicates that Mozy is having a hard time connecting securely to the servers and can be caused by a number of things. Please follow the steps in the Knowledge Base Article regarding a ClientError3 to begin troubleshooting this error.

Please let us know how that goes, and if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

1. Check your timezone settings and make sure that they match your current location.  HOW?  WHERE?
  2. Make sure that no security software (such  as  an anti-virus  or  a  firewall) is currently preventing Mozy from accepting incoming connections from port 443.  HOW WOULD I DETERMINE THIS?
  3. Make sure that you have full connectivity using the secure network protocol HTTPS. You can do so by checking your e-mail from the web mail account provided by your Mail Service Provider.  https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#inbox/15ac570d114471ae
  4. If your computer is portable, please try to perform a backup from another network.  DESKTOP
  5.  (If you are on a Windows clientSmiley Happy open Mozy Settings, then go to the history tab.  Click on one of the dates showing the error, and down below it will populate info about the backup. Now click on the "other details"  column header down below. This will sort the info so that anything with "more details" is all together (you may need to scroll down to see this). This will show you if there are any potentially offending files that, due to either size or corruption of file, might be causing the MozyClientError3.  Look for details like "Backup Interrupted," and see if you can determine something about why the file(s) could have kept you from a 100 % successful backup.  DIDN'T GET TO THIS STEP.
  6. MANY THANKS.
  7. JEANNE
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS MESSAGE.  DELETE MY OTHER MESSAGE IF YOU NEED TO.

GIVEN MOZYHOME'S MESSAGE, TO WIT: "NO SUCCESSFUL BACKUPS FOR 8 DAYS.  FILES BACKED UP 13153 (2.8GB).  FILES AWAITING BACKUP 1.  MOZYHOME IS UNABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY BACK UP.  CLICK THE STARTUP BUTTON TO TRY AGAIN."

I THINK THE PROBLEM MAY BE A CORRUPT FILE SINCE ONLY 1 FILES IS AWAITING BACKUP.

1. TIME ZONE HASN'T CHANGED.  PROBLEM STARTED 8 DAYS AGO.

2. DO I NEED TO KEEP MY SECURITY SOFTWARE OFF AT ALL TIME SO THAT MOZY CAN BACKUP?

3. SEE MY NOTES BELOW.

CAN YOU DETERMINE WHAT'S WRONG AT YOUR END????

MANY THANKS.

JEANNE

1. Check your timezone settings and make sure that they match your current location.  HOW?  WHERE?
  2. Make sure that no security software (such  as  an anti-virus  or  a  firewall) is currently preventing Mozy from accepting incoming connections from port 443.  HOW WOULD I DETERMINE THIS?
  3. Make sure that you have full connectivity using the secure network protocol HTTPS. You can do so by checking your e-mail from the web mail account provided by your Mail Service Provider.  https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#inbox/15ac570d114471ae
  4. If your computer is portable, please try to perform a backup from another network.  DESKTOP
  5.  (If you are on a Windows clientSmiley Happy open Mozy Settings, then go to the history tab.  Click on one of the dates showing the error, and down below it will populate info about the backup. Now click on the "other details"  column header down below. This will sort the info so that anything with "more details" is all together (you may need to scroll down to see this). This will show you if there are any potentially offending files that, due to either size or corruption of file, might be causing the MozyClientError3.  Look for details like "Backup Interrupted," and see if you can determine something about why the file(s) could have kept you from a 100 % successful backup.  DIDN'T GET TO THIS STEP.
  6. MANY THANKS.
  7. JEANNE
JaredG
(654)

@Jeanne

I'm sorry this is frustrating.  A clienterror3 usually means that there is problem with your computer making a secure connection with our servers, so if a single file is not backing up then go to step 5.(The step you mentioned that you didn't get to yet)

To check your time zone settings open Windows Control Panel and look for "Date and Time" and make sure your time and time zone is set correctly.

To check if the port 443 is missing the locate the folder "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" and open the "services" file with note pad and look for the following lines:

https 443/tcp MCom #HTTP over TLS/SSL
https 443/udp MCom #HTTP over TLS/SSL

If you find these lines don't exist in the file then add them and save the file.

Step 5 is:

If you are on a Windows client: 

Open Mozy Settings, then go to the history tab.  Click on one of the dates showing the error, and down below it will populate info about the backup. Now click on the "other details"  column header down below. This will sort the info so that anything with "more details" is all together (you may need to scroll down to see this). This will show you if there are any potentially offending files that, due to either size or corruption of file, might be causing the MozyClientError3.  Look for details like "Backup Interrupted," and see if you can determine something about why the file(s) could have kept you from a 100 % successful backup.

By sorting "other details" you can locate the offending file (possibly a corrupt file) and where it's located in the backup so you can either un-check it from the backup selection, delete the file from your computer, or move the file out of a folder that's backing up.

This last option is most likely the case here since there is one file not backing up.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

Date is okay.

File: cookies-journal

path: C:\users\jeann\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

other details: backup interupted

Is jeann the name from the old HP computer of from the new Lenovo???

One computer used jeanne and the other used jeann.

What to do???

Many thanks.

Jeanne

ScottS1
(86)

@Jeanne

I just wanted to check up to see if the steps mentioned were able to help you. Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

Jeanne
Sensei Level 2
(29)

Please read my reply and my request for help dated 3-15-17.

Many thanks.

Jeanne