Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Can I Back Up My Website or Blog with Mozy?
Do you have a personal website or blog you'd like to keep backed up? Check out the most recent blog post for more information on how to do it...

July's Webinar: Using a client configuration to control what your users backup
This months webinar on 07/26 will show you how to create a client configuration within the Administrator Console that you can push to your users. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Lea
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

docs not available to restore, why?

I was attempting to restore a file and there are only 3 of 15 docs available to restore.  Why are the other docs not being backed up?

Please help.

angelag
Community Manager
(954)
Solution

Re: docs not available to restore, why?

Hi Lea,

Did you recently lose the files and still run a backup after? It may be that the files are marked for deletion and you don't have your view set to show you deleted files also. If that's the case, try telling it to show you all the files by including deleted files. Follow the steps in this article to set it to show deleted files as well.

If they still don't show, that may mean that they were deleted from your machine of deselected for backup for longer than your data retention period and are no longer available, or that you never selected them for backup. If the latter is the case, I'd recommend double checking your selections by following the steps in this article: How do I select files for backup?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
Lea
Warrior
(5)

Hi Angela,

The doc that I was looking to restore is on my computer, I accidentally saved over it and wanted to restore it to it's original version.  When I went to restore it from Mozy, the document wasn't there to restore.  In other words, the doc is on my system but not in Mozy.  This happened to me before, couldn't find the doc to restore from Mozy, back in February 2017. 

Please help.

angelag
Community Manager
(954)

@Lea,

Did you try the steps I mentioned above? Try setting it to include deleted files. If you still don't see it, it means you haven't selected it for backup and you're going to want to double check your settings. The instructions for that are also in the comment above.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(500)

@Lea

How's that restore coming along?  You may need to restore from an earlier date if the files were saved over so you can restore from a date before the files were over written.

Here is a link to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore from an earlier date using the restore tab in the backup software.  

Here is a link to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore from an earlier date using the our website.

Please post any questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved if you were able to download the data you were looking for.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(47)

@Lea

We have not heard from you recently and will mark this thread as resolved. If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

Lea
Warrior
(5)

I'm back in the office, Scott.  I'm now gonna try to try the previous suggestions.  Thank you Smiley Happy  Wish me luck.

Lea

ShawnL
Community Manager
(532)

@Lea - Please let us know how it turns out!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
Lea
Warrior
(5)

OMG, I needed to restore a doc at March 14, 2017 date.  I think it's too late!