Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
The Latest from The Mozy Blog: What's new with Mozy?
A couple new updates have been released for the Windows and Mac clients as well as some new features in the latest Linux client. Check out our latest blogs for all the details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
April's webinar will be presented on Wednesday, 04/26 at 9AM PDT. Sign up today!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Lea
Student
(0)

docs not available to restore, why?

I was attempting to restore a file and there are only 3 of 15 docs available to restore.  Why are the other docs not being backed up?

Please help.

Highlighted
angelag
Community Manager
(622)

Re: docs not available to restore, why?

Hi Lea,

Did you recently lose the files and still run a backup after? It may be that the files are marked for deletion and you don't have your view set to show you deleted files also. If that's the case, try telling it to show you all the files by including deleted files. Follow the steps in this article to set it to show deleted files as well.

If they still don't show, that may mean that they were deleted from your machine of deselected for backup for longer than your data retention period and are no longer available, or that you never selected them for backup. If the latter is the case, I'd recommend double checking your selections by following the steps in this article: How do I select files for backup?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
Lea
Student
(0)

Hi Angela,

The doc that I was looking to restore is on my computer, I accidentally saved over it and wanted to restore it to it's original version.  When I went to restore it from Mozy, the document wasn't there to restore.  In other words, the doc is on my system but not in Mozy.  This happened to me before, couldn't find the doc to restore from Mozy, back in February 2017. 

Please help.

angelag
Community Manager
(622)

@Lea,

Did you try the steps I mentioned above? Try setting it to include deleted files. If you still don't see it, it means you haven't selected it for backup and you're going to want to double check your settings. The instructions for that are also in the comment above.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support