Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
cwilliams
Warrior
(6)
Solved (Go to Solution)

change settings to access schedule isn't working

I am the admin and using Windows 10.  I am trying to to adjust the schedule, but it remains grayed out even after choosing the option "change settings to access control."

AngelinaS
(194)

Re: change settings to access schedule isn't working

@cwilliams  Sounds like this is a MozyPro account with a Client Configuration.  To edit when the backups run will need to be done within the Scheduling Tab of the Client Configuration which can be found within your Mozy Admin Console as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-setup-a-Client-Configuration

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(384)

@cwilliams

I can see the client configuration on your account still has "Force users to use these scheduling options" enabled in the client configurations "scheduling" tab.  

Once disabled and saved then you'll need to run a manual back for the new settings to push to the Mozy backup software.  

Then open the Mozy settings and click on "change settings that are currently unavailable" and go to the scheduling tab to adjust manually.  Let us know how that works for you.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(522)

@cwilliams,

It looks like it's been a while since we heard from you on this thread, is everything resolved? If so, please click Accept as Solution next to the most helpful comment. If not, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
cwilliams
Warrior
(6)

Thank you for the assistance. I was able to make the change, but what is Enable Bandwidth Throttle? I have no idea what number to put in. Should I choose "Force users to use these bandwidth throttling options"?

JaredG
(384)

@cwilliams

Bandwidth throttling is so you can limit the amount of data uploaded to Mozy during a backup, which is essentially the speed of of the data which is uploaded to Mozy.  For example this setting could be used when Mozy is backing up and you don't want it to slow down your internet if you have a slow internet connection or if there are number of users accessing the internet consistently within a specific time (say 9 to 5 at a business) on the same connection as the Mozy backup. 

You could set bandwidth throttling to limit the speed between 64 kbps all the way up to 3 Mbps (3000 kbps) or to not backup at all during a specific time frame and on specific days.

The option to "Force users to use these bandwidth throttling options" forces the Mozy client software to use the settings you apply to the client configuration whether it be to not backup at all or a limit between 64 kbps to 3 Mbps between specific hours and specific days of the week.

Here is a link to our documentation with some more information: 

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/documentation/fedid-mozy-t-client-config-bandwidth-a

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
cwilliams
Warrior
(6)

Thanks, Jarod. Can you give me an educated guess as to what number to enter? A default option would be nice!

Also, the setting changes I made worked on my computer, but I thought that by choosing "Force users to use these scheduling options", the other computer on my network would also backup at the same time. It didn't.

ShawnL
Community Manager
(396)

@cwilliams - Doesn't look you've seen a response yet. Let me have a technician reach out to you on this.

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
Benjamin_C
(104)

Sadly I would say we couldn't give an educated guess. First, we don't know the network speeds of your network, how many computers are using it, how many will be using Mozy, how much their up-time is needed, ect ect ect. Second, we can't be liable for that decision, so I'm afraid you will have to take all of that into account, and go from there. Of course, you could just make it as lenient as possible, and then restrict it later if issues arise. Up to you though!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
AngelinaS
(194)

@cwilliams   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie