Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
BrammyT
Elite Level 1
(15)
Solved (Go to Solution)

backup at shutdown

Is it possible to set backup to occur at computer shutdown?

Telemachus
(34)

Re: backup at shutdown

Hi @BrammyT

Unfortunately the MozyHome software doesn't have the ability to do this. Let me know if there are any other questions I could answer for you.

Regards,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

JaredG
(654)

@BrammyT

Do you have any other questions or comments?  If not please mark the correct post as a solution.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(86)
Solution

@BrammyT

This is not possible as mentioned. The reason for this is due to the MozyHome Backup Service located in services.msc requiring an active and functioning environment to operate, which is very reliant on the active Windows OS to exist. In terms of Mac OS X, the service in Activity Monitor requires an active environment to operate in as well.

Upon shutdown, multiple services begin halting and closing for both Mac OS X and Windows OS. This effectively halts Mozy from backing up immediately upon shutdown. Therefore there is no way to backup upon shutdown.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator