Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

New from the Blog: Tour of the Mozy Preferences on Mac
Our latest Community blog gives you a detailed tour of the Preferences settings and options in the Mac client.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Why is my MozyHome not backing up?

I am unable to backup automatically or manually. The MozyHome icon has an exclamation mark on it.

Jennifer

angelag
Community Manager
(710)
Solution

Re: Why is my MozyHome not backing up?

@Jennifer1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your backup. I took a look at your account and it appears that your machine hasn't even tried to connect to Mozy in a couple of weeks. Is Mozy still installed on the computer? To check, go to Start > All Programs/All Applications > and see if you have MozyHome there. If it's not, you can download and reinstall Mozy from our MozyHome Downloads page.

If it is installed, the most likely culprit is that the Service is stopped in Windows. To test this, right-click on the Mozy icon in the System Tray down by the time and date and go to Status. Is the Start Backup button grayed out? Or is the button grayed out and "Pausing"? If not, press Start backup and see if it starts a backup or if it just hangs on "Connecting to Backup Service..." or "Pausing" 

If it is grayed out or it hangs after clicking it, that means the service is stopped. To Restart the service:

1. Go to Start and in the search/run field type "Services.msc" without the quotes.  Wait for it to come up in the list above and then right
2. click on it to select "Run as Administrator" (if you are on XP, you simply need to hit enter after typing it in Run)
3. In the services window, find the Mozy Backup service and stop it.
4. Once it's fully stopped, go ahead and restart the Service.

Then try a backup and let me know how that goes.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(452)

@Jennifer1 - Are there any additional questions we can help answer for you?

Shawn L.
Community Manager
AngelinaS
(214)

@Jennifer1   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(427)

@Jennifer1

After checking your account I can see that you are backing up again. Please let us know what the solution was to your problem otherwise please mark the appropriate post as the solution or post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(33)

@Jennifer1

We will now mark this thread as solved. Please reach out if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

ShawnL
Community Manager
(452)

@Jennifer1 - Please let us know if you need any additional help and thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager