Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, and the most recent, Part 4: Resources and Billing.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Lea
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Why is a folder practically empty

I'm attempting to restore a document from February 13, 2017, but the folder only shows 1 document in that folder.  There are at least 50 documents in that folder.

ScottS1
(36)
Solution

Re: Why is a folder practically empty

@Lea

Thank you for reaching out today. It sounds like those files may have been deleted in the past. In order to show more current information, please be certain to click on the Actions button to the right of the button with the 4 dark squares under the Web Restore page, and if present, choose "Include deleted files".

You can follow this method here as well by "Restoring All Files":

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Requesting-Web-Restore-for-All-Files

You may also want to consider changing the date as well under the same Actions button and instead clicking "Change date..." to an earlier date you suspect those files existed. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

JaredG
(470)

@Lea

Were you able to follow Scott's instructions and find all the files you were looking for in that folder?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(777)

Hi @Lea,

Did you find @ScottS1's suggestions helpful? I do show you have a case open with Support as well, and it looks like Dennis reached out on the 7th after you were disconnected. Is this issue resolved? Is there anything further we can help you with?

For future reference, I'd like to add more to the responses here. If you are only seeing 1 file available when you know a folder held more, it is likely related to one of the following issues:

The other files were not selected for backup.

You may have only selected one of the original files to backup and not the entire folder or the other files. Or you originally only selected one, but not the entire folder, and when you added new files they were not automatically added.

To make sure this doesn't happen in the future, follow the instructions for selecting files, and make sure to pay close attention to the color of the check boxes/dots as outlined/shown in the article as well.

The files were backed up, but deleted/deselected more than 30/60/90 days ago.

Depending on your account, you either have a data retention policy of 30 days (MozyHome), 60 days (MozyPro), or 90 days (Enterprise/Reseller). If a file is deleted from the computer or deselected in the Mozy backup settings, Mozy will see that file as removed and mark it for deletion on the next backup. That file is then held for your data retention period before being fully removed from the backup servers.

For more information, see the following articles How long does Mozy keep my files? and What happens if I delete a file accidentally?

You haven't set your view to show the files marked for deletion.

If you're still within your data retention period and the files were deleted/deselected prior to the last backup that ran on the machine, they may be still available and you just need to set your view to show the deleted files.

To do so, follow the steps in this article and make sure you do steps 7, 8, and 10.

Please let us know if this is resolved, or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(470)

@Lea

Were you able to locate any of the missing data you were looking for?

Please update this thread and let us know if you were successful or if you need more assistance.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(36)

@Lea

We have not heard from you recently. Let us know if you need anything else. We just want to ensure your issue is taken care of.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support