Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
squash1909
Elite Level 1
(15)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Updating Mozy Home

I occasionally see a notice in lower right hand corner for an update to Mozy it disappears before I get to it. So I think there is a way to allow Mozy to automatically install these updates or where do I find the most recent update and if I am on the most current version.   also which is recommended manual or auto install?

0 Reps
Telemachus
(51)
Solution

Re: Updating Mozy Home

squash1909 wrote:

I occasionally see a notice in lower right hand corner for an update to Mozy it disappears before I get to it. So I think there is a way to allow Mozy to automatically install these updates or where do I find the most recent update and if I am on the most current version.   also which is recommended manual or auto install?

Hi @squash1909

We here at Mozy recommend setting our backup software to automatically update. To configure that setting you'd go to MozyHome - Settings > Options > Advanced and check the box next to "Automatically update the client software without prompting me" (See the image below).

auto update.png

If you'd like to manually update the MozyHome Backup Software, the following link is to an article with instructions:

https://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-install-update-manually

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

JaredG
(454)

@squash1909

Were you able to enable the automatic update setting that was given in the last post?  I do see that your are now running the latest version of Mozy.

Please post any other questions or comments, otherwise please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@squash1909

Did you have any other questions that we can help answer for you? Did you have any questions on Jared or Allen's responses we can help clarify, or does this resolve your concern?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
squash1909
Elite Level 1
(15)

I replied to previous post not sure why not showing. I went into settings it is checked but it is grayed out so I could not change it. I don't want to change it but wanted to know if this is the correct way for it to appear.

Janet

0 Reps
Telemachus
(51)

@squash1909,

That's normal, it's because Window's UAC security is enabled on your computer. If you did want to change it, you could do so by clicking on the link "Change settings that are currently unavailable" above the "Help, OK, and Cancel" buttons in the Mozy settings

Changes settings that are currently unavailable.JPG

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Telemachus

Mozy Support

JaredG
(454)

@squash1909

Were you able to get into the Mozy settings?

Please post any questions or comments, otherwise if all of your questions have been answered please mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@squash1909

After clicking on "Change settings that are currently unavailable", were you able to proceed?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@squash1909

We haven't heard from you in about a week.  Please post any other questions or comments or mark this thread as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps