Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Tour of your MozyHome Account
Join us for Part 1 in our series where we provide a detailed tour of the MozyHome account settings.

May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
h_h
Elite Level 1
(9)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Update

Tried to install the Windows update for Sync and MozyHome. I am running Win32bit - my pc says these latest versions are invalid Win32bit apps. Please help.

ShawnL
Community Manager
(452)

Re: Update

@h_h - I moved your comment out its own thread and will have a technician take a look at this right away. 

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
angelag
Community Manager
(721)

Hi @h_h,

What version of Windows OS are you currently running on your machine? Is it XP or Vista?

What exactly does the error say?

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
h_h
Elite Level 1
(9)

hi

Thanks for responding to my query.

XP SP3.  The message says: mozysetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Tried MozyProsetup.exe and mozy-sync.exe and the message is the same.

h_h
Elite Level 1
(9)

In case it helps:

My MozyHome is currently version 2.32.4.532

My MozySync is currently v. 1.3.2.5032

Both appear to be functioning.

angelag
Community Manager
(721)
Solution

@h_h,

Unfortunately the problem is that Windows XP is no longer a supported operating system. We were forced to stop supporting it when Microsoft did in April of 2014, so none of the new versions of the software will run on XP in any capacity. An older client might, but we cannot guarantee that or provide any assistance or troubleshooting with it either.

Since Microsoft set XP as End of Life so long ago, they no longer provide updates or security for it, which made it impossible for us to do the the same. We highly recommend upgrading your OS to a supported version (Windows 8 and above, as Windows 7 is set to end on a date in the future as well.)

If you'd like to try reverting back, follow these steps:

1. Uninstall that partial install by going to Start > All Programs > MozyHome > Uninstall

2. Reboot the computer

3. Reinstall this slightly older version of the software here:

https://www.mozypro.com/downloads/mozy-2_28_2_432-69291.exe

4. Once you have it reinstalled, make sure to reselect your files for backup by following the steps in this article:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Selecting-Files-to-Backup-Using-the-FileSystem-Tab

Angela G.
h_h
Elite Level 1
(9)

Thank you for the reply.

Although XP support is discontinued, not everyone can manage to buy a new computer when an existing one isn't broken.

There will be other users in the same situation as me. May I suggest you add the "not supported" info to the download page and the release notes? - could save a lot of energy and time...

regards

JaredG
(437)

@h_h

If all of your questions have been answered please mark this thread as solved, otherwise please post an other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(33)

@h_h

Do you still need assistance with this issue? Please let us know.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

angelag
Community Manager
(721)

Hi @h_h,

We haven't heard from you in a while, and it looks like this thread is solved, so we're going to go ahead and mark it so. We'll definitely take your suggestion into account, thank you for the feedback.

Angela G.