Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
RBob
Warrior
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Turn off status popup on login?

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit

Mozy Home 2.32.4.532

With the latest update, Mozy has started displaying the Status dialog window on login. 

I'm not really interested (I trust Mozy to be working), and it's caused my wife, who's militantly non-technical, some consternation when she logs in.

Looking through the options, I don't see any way to turn this new "feature" off.

Any help?

Benjamin_C
(155)

Re: Turn off status popup on login?

If you right click on the Mozy Icon on the bottom right of the screen, you can go to Settings->More Settings, then to the Options Tab. Once there go to Advanced, and un-check 'show status when a backup completes'. That should solve the issue!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
RBob
Warrior
(0)

That option's not set. Pretty sure it never has been. I've gone through the entire set of selectable options and none of them seem to have any relation to this.

I have two Windows 7 systems down here, and they both do the same thing.

Never happened before the latest update, which was offered to the two machines a few days apart, over the past week if I remember correctly.

Certainly not an end-of-the-world problem, and I showed my wife how to dismiss the popup, so that part's been solved.Smiley Happy

JaredG
(580)

@RBob

I'm attempting to replicate this issue and will let you know as soon as I find anything.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
remymozy
(95)

@RBob

You may want to try turning off the Mozy windows status notification. This displays when Mozy starts a backup and if UAC is set too high you will always see the Mozy status window along with the notification.  You can click Customize after clicking the triangle shaped system tray popup (near the time) and set  Mozy Status to "Only show icon". Be warned though that this will disable the Windows Mozy backup notification so you will want to periodically click the Mozy icon and inspect your backup history to ensure things are moving along as expected. If you experience any issues, don't hesitate to contact us here. 

RBob
Warrior
(0)
Solution

Well, I think I've accidentally turned a molehill into a mountain here.

I mentioned the single appearance of the Mozy status at login time simply because it was something that started happening after a recent update.

It's not really a problem for me; it was just something I thought somebody would like to know about.

The software works, and has always worked. I use it for off-site backup of the few things I keep on my PC that I actually care about and it does that job perfectly.

So, can we please put this to bed, so you guys can get back to doing more important stuff? 

Benjamin_C
(155)

Will do! Have a great rest of your day, (and feel free to post in the future if you need more help!)

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!