We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Text-document-saying-LocalizedFileNames-MozyHome-Status-lnk-C/td-p/94236

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
tfmaguire
Assassin
(1)

Text document saying: [LocalizedFileNames] MozyHome Status.lnk=@C:\Program Files\MozyHome\oem.dll,-2

I'm starting this as a new post topic because it is back again after the latest Mozy update. I know there is a fix to this by deleting .ini files but don't think I should be doing this every time Mozy updates. This seems like Mozy's problem to me and it needs to be fixed. Sure, I can just delete the text message every time I restart my computer but that aggravates the **bleep** out of me. Please give me some hope that Mozy is aware of this and working on it.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Reps
Telemachus
(70)

Re: Text document saying: [LocalizedFileNames] MozyHome Status.lnk=@C:\Program Files\MozyHome\oem.dl

@tfmaguire, this Microsoft Support article has a fix for this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=330132

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

0 Reps
tfmaguire
Assassin
(1)

Re: Text document saying: [LocalizedFileNames] MozyHome Status.lnk=@C:\Program Files\MozyHome\oem.dl

I'm aware of that, Telemachus. I have done that before and it does work; however, it is a total pain and I don't think I should have to do that every time Mozy updates on my computer. It is obvious to me that this is a problem triggered by Mozy updates. Why should I be responsible for cleaning this up myself? Why don't I hear that Mozy is working on the problem and is trying to correct it? Very disappointed.

Tom

0 Reps
tfmaguire
Assassin
(1)

I should also add that the text document you are referring to is not the text I get and a different solution was given me by another moderator. My text message is always "[LocalizedFileNames] MozyPro Status.lnk=@c:\Program Files\MozyPro\oem.dll,-20101." The solution given me was here: https://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Notepad-opening-when-Windows-starts. I'm really not sure what to do at this point. Maybe I should find another backup solution.

Tom

0 Reps
Telemachus
(70)

@tfmaguire Have you tried "Method 2" in the Microsoft article?  This will remove any desktop.ini entries in your Windows startup configuration.

Thank you,

Telemachus

Mozy Support

tfmaguire
Assassin
(1)

No, I haven't tried "Method 2" in the Microsoft article because that wasn't the text message I was getting. Do you suggest I try Method 2?

Tom

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@tfmaguire

It sounds like Allan has some valuable suggestions to try. Please follow along with his recommendations. Let us know if you have any other questions or clarification.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
tfmaguire
Assassin
(1)

What am I missing? Who is Allen?

Tom

0 Reps
tfmaguire
Assassin
(1)

I don't see an Allan in this series of posts.

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)

@tfmaguire

Scott is referring to Telemachus as Allen and I believe he's referring to second method from the link he posted:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/330132

Method 2: Use the System Configuration Utility (Msconfig.exe) to Disable the Startup Item

1. Click Start, and then click
    Run.
  2. In the Open box, type
    msconfig, and then click OK.
  3. Click the Startup tab.
  4. Click to clear the check box beside any
    desktop entries in the Startup Item column that are listed as Common Startup in the
    Location column, and are also located in any of the following locations (as indicated in the Commandcolumn): 
    • drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    • drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
    • drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
  5. Click OK to quit the System Configuration Utility.
  6. Restart your computer and verify that the issue is resolved.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps