We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Suppress-extraneous-notification/td-p/94114

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
pw911
Spy
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Suppress extraneous notification

On Windows 10 I now get a useless/distracting/self-promotional pop-up notification saying "Mozy is Protecting your files" (or similar text).

I want to be able to suppress this particular message WITHOUT disabling any important messages Mozy might have, e.g. "Backup has failed..".

How?

(pls don't tell me about the Windows option to disable ALL notifications from a particular app.).

0 Reps
JaredG
(825)
Solution

Re: Suppress extraneous notification

@pw911

There is an option in the Mozy settings under the "Options" tab then under the sub tab "Advanced" you may disable called "show status when a backup completes" third setting from the top, but this is only for the Mozy status window popup.

It sounds like you are referring to a notification pop up that's coming from the Mozy icon in your system tray next to your computers time and date. Does that sound correct?

If this is what you are referring to, then we don't have an option to disable this notification since Windows already has the option to disable notifications per program (the answer you didn't want).

Other than what I've described above, I am are unaware of any other notifications options.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(825)

@pw911

I hope my last post was helpful.  Did any of my suggestions help you solve your issue?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@pw911

We have not heard from you recently and will be marking this thread as resolved without a response. Kindly respond if you need clarification or have any other related questions, or if the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@pw911

We will now mark this thread as resolved. Kindly open a new thread if you need anything else addressed or have additional questions!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps