Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
Shane
Assassin
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Status icons not showing

Greetings,

I have installed Mozy on Windows 10 and selected "Show backup status icon on files". However, the status icons are not showing. Instead, documents on my desktop are now showing the sharing icon. I tried asking a question in Microsoft Answers, but without an answer yet. I haven't used up my overlay icon slots, so they should be showing.

What are some troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thanks,

Shane.

MozyHome 2.32.8.595
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Telemachus
(9)

Re: Status icons not showing

Hi Shane,

Did you check the following in your System Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

To see if any programs have priority ahead of Mozy?

Shane
Assassin
(0)

A few have priority:

OverlayExcluded
  OverlayPending
  OverlayProtected
 OneDrive1
 OneDrive2
 OneDrive3
 OneDrive4
 OneDrive5
 OneDrive6
EnhancedStorageShell
mozy
mozy2
mozy3

The list is actually in alphabetical order. The first three items begin with a double space, then the OneDrive items begin with a single space.

I looked into uninstalling OneDrive, but apparently its baked into Windows 10. I've never used OneDrive, so every time I launch it, the setup utility launches.

Thanks,
Shane.

MozyHome 2.32.8.595
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
JaredG
(581)
Solution

@Shane

If you remove the spacing in front of the other overlays and add spacing to the Mozy overlays it should bump Mozy to the top of the list.

Here is a link to a website with some excellent information regarding this.

Please post any other questions or comments, and let us know if this works for you.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(62)

@Shane

Were the steps Jared offered able to assist you? Do you have any additional questions we can help answer?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

angelag
Community Manager
(1052)

Hi @Shane,

Just checking in, were the suggestions above helpful to you? Is there anything further we can help you with?

If we don't hear from you in a few days we'll go ahead and hope this thread is solved and mark it as such. Please let us know if there is anything further you need.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(581)

@Shane

We haven't heard from you in about 9 days, were you able to solve this overlay problem?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(62)

@Shane

We will now mark this thread as Resolved. If you have any other concerns, please reach out.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

Shane
Assassin
(0)

I'm really sorry it took so long to respond.

According to this article, the list is alphabetical. Norton AntiVirus begins its entries with a double space, and Microsoft OneDrive begins its entries with a single space, leaving the Mozy entries at the very bottom.

I've deleted the Norton entries, and disabled the Microsoft entries using Shell Extensions Manager. It's working now.

Shane.

MozyHome 2.32.8.595
Windows 10 Home 64-bit