Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Highlighted
mozymlg
Elite Level 2
(22)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Scheduling Backups

Backups of OneDrive folder on my C drive (which syncs with OneDrive in Cloud) stopped working after recent reinstall of Windows 10. Problem was caused by default setting Power Management -- I needed to switch off sleep/hibernate since it was shutting down laptop before initial backup could complete. Also needed to change backup from continuous to timed to avoid conflict with the folder syncing by Microsoft's OneDrive cloud service.

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(210)

Re: Scheduling Backups

Microsoft recently changed how they process OneDrive files, effectively storing those files in the cloud instead of on your hard drive, and locking them in such a way that other cloud services (like ours) can no longer access them. 

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Can-t-Backup-SkyDrive-OneDrive-Files

As for the backup schedule you should be able to set that in the Options->scheduling tab

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-schedule-my-backups

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
mozymlg
Elite Level 2
(22)
Solution

Backups of OneDrive folder on my C drive to mozy.com has resumed - problem was wrong setting for Power Management and wrong Backup Schedule.  I fixed my error by switching to Timed Backup (instead of continuous) and setting Power Management to disable sleep/hibernate when PC plugged in.  I also started using Mozy's 2X feature that enables back up of OneDrive folder to both mozy.com and my external hard drive.   Thanks to Mozy for enabling backup of OneDrive folder and for 2X feature - they overcome the limitations of the software that came bundled with my external hard drive.

JaredG
(500)

@mozymlg

Unless you have not updated to the latest version of Windows 10 (1607) then you will be able to backup One Drive.  If you have updated Windows to the "Fall Creator's Update" then Windows treats One Drive differently and you will not be able to back it up.

Here is a link to the Mozy Community thread with additional information if you are interested.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
mozymlg
Elite Level 2
(22)

Scheduling Backups

Mozy software is backing up my OneDrive folder to Mozy.com account and to my external hard drive. I am running latest version of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Windows 10 version 1709) that was released in October 2017 (build number 10.0.16299).

0 Reps
ScottS1
(133)

@mozymlg

So you were successful with the changes you stated?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
mozymlg
Elite Level 2
(22)

Scheduling Backups

I successfully resumed backup of the OneDrive folder on my Windows computer using settings listed below. Perhaps Mozy should update its Users Guide to make OneDriver users aware of that these settings are needed to backup OneDrive folder on their C Drive 

------------------

SETTINGS TO ENABLE MOZY SOFTWARE BACKUP ONEDRIVE ON C DRIVE 

1. Select File (OneDrive Folder), not Sets (Documents) 

2. Select Timed Backup, not Continuous

3. Select 2X which causes Mozy to backup to users mozy.com account and to external hard drive

0 Reps