We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restoring computer to original settings

I am getting ready to restore my pc back to its original state. Meaning like it was the day we brought it home. I have a Dell. A very old Dell. Does the Mozy backup contain all the data I don't want to lose. Like programs purchased online I have no disc for. I am completely clueless as to the inner workings of a pc. The hows and whys of  where it stores  things and exe. ,dll. and all that is greek to me. Like when it says, "You have chosen to open such and such, which is an application.... My thinking is always okay whatever. What's the difference from everything else I do. ? Just open it, run it , do whatever it is you do. And yes, I talk to my computer all the time. Mostly saying not very nice things. Anyway, do you think Mozy backs up everything worth saving?

Also when I do reset my pc. How will I get to my Mozy account. Won't I lose that data. Not the backup data. But my ability to get to it. Am I making any sense at all? Help!

0 Reps

Master Level 1

Re: Restoring computer to original settings

lish01 wrote:

I am completely clueless as to the inner workings of a pc.

I would suggest that you not restore the computer just yet... Find a geek friend to work with you (maybe via TeamViewer) to ensure that your files of interest are truly backed up.

lish01 wrote:

...Like programs purchased online I have no disc for.

No, the Mozy app probably won't be able to help you there unless your geek friend can find the files needed to reinstall these applications and the licensing info.