Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore seems to be stuck on new computer

after two days and 80,300 files, Mozy has been running and has not advanced past 86 files remaining for 13 hours

any thoughts?

ScottS1
(127)

Re: Restore seems to be stuck on new computer

@200GRestore

It sounds to me that a problematic file may be causing the pause to happen. My suggestion would be:

- Open Mozy

- Click on "Pause Backup"

- Restart your PC

Once it boots back up again, open Mozy again and start a backup and check for a new status. Let us know what you find!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(479)
Solution

@200GRestore

Your last backup yesterday is now reporting that nothing is selected for backup.  If you open the Mozy settings do you see data selected for backup?  If you can see files selected for backup or you find that files are not selected for backup and you didn't make any changes, then it's possible that an antivirus or antimalware program has begun interfering with the Mozy software.

If you have any antivirus or antimalware programs running then exclusions need to be added to stop the block on our software.

Use this link to our exclusions list that is required for antivirus or antimalware programs.https://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Add-Mozy-exclusions-to-your-anti-virus-software

Once you add exclusion to the program exclusion list then reboot your computer because even though your antivirus or antimalware program doesn't prompt you to reboot, exclusion often will not take affect until the computer is rebooted.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(479)

@200GRestore

I still don't see any backup attempts since the 18th (same error reporting that no files are selected for backup).

Is your computer turned off right now?  If not I would recommend rebooting your computer and then open the Mozy settings to verify that files are still selected for backup.

Please refer to my last post if you find that files are not selected for backup.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@200GRestore

We haven't heard from you since your initial post about one week ago.  Please mark this case as resolved or please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@200GRestore

We will now mark this thread as resolved. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps